Author Topic: Opinions & Thoughts Needed on "Cleansed"- Jess van Onselen  (Read 7808 times)

Offline archive

Re: Opinions & Thoughts Needed on "Cleansed"- Dave Barton
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
I'm directing a US production of "Cleansed" that opens in June of 2002. Jess, I'd be very, very interested in reading the report that you're writing about your production, as well as hearing any and everything from people who've see the show.

I'm not really looking for staging ideas, but would love to just chat about the play. The earlier posts in the thread were intriguing and I didn't want them to stop.

Feel free to post here

Archive 1-12-2001
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:55:04 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Opinions & Thoughts Needed on "Cleansed"- Jess van Onselen
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
Hello to all my fellow Kane fans... I need your help my friends!

My production of "Cleansed" closed here in South Africa earlier this month, and I am now writing a report on the process/ difficulties/ joys etc of staging a Kane work. I am finding it a little bit difficult to communicate how much Cleansed specifically moved me on first reading.

So... I was hoping that I could invite all you guys who read stuff on this sight to put up posts telling me your impressions of "Cleansed". What you liked, what horrified you, what made you think, what moved you, what struck you seeing it in performance, what message you think Cleansed communicates, what you think it might say about where Sarah was at that stage of her life. All opinions and thoughts welcome, no matter how trivial or how profound.

Can't wait for your responses....

Jess

Archive 3-11-2001
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:54:38 PM by Iain Fisher »