Author Topic: 4.48- THE PICTURES- KHORLOR  (Read 10310 times)

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- lozbarnes
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »
Kate, I am interested in your work on 4.48 when it is completed. I'm doing 4.48 as my honours project in directing and I am curious to see any pictures from the exhibition. Tah from lauren

Archive 5-9-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:22:21 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- Kate
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »
thanks so much, to everyone who has sent e-mail and wrote here, it took me a while to check my e-mails, but am now inspired..... although any more ideas will be greeted with a big smile!! p.s my display will be about in january, in york!!!

Archive 21-7-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:21:58 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- Jess Cully
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »
Re the picture of the young woman in bed; make it a typical twentysomething's bedroom - CD player, portable telly, football and music posters on the wall, etc.

For the 'An expressionist nag/stalling between 2 fools/they know nothing' scene, show the same young woman from the other pictures intensely tearing a newspaper's theatre review page in half.

Archive 4-7-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:21:38 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- Jess Cully
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:07 AM »
For '4.48', the figures, digital clock style, in bright green or red on an intense black background would be very effective.

Perhaps also a young woman lying motionless in bed, a clock by her bedside showing 4.48 ?

For the number sequences, the numbers reading from left to right - not more than two or three on each line, and not arranged in neat columns - in the order they are in the play, in diminishing size (except on the couple of occasions where a higher number follows a lower one; make the higher one appropriately bigger). Do one sequence on a white ground, with the numbers in varying colours; do the other one on a black ground, with all the numbers the same colour, either white or yellow.

For the scene where she talks about her non-existent ideal woman, draw a busy Underground station platform. At the front of the crowd, in the middle, stands a very beautiful translucent woman. No-one notices her, except a young woman standing on her own at the side of the picture, who is looking at her mesmerised.

Archive 4-7-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:21:14 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- Ineke
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »
The images I see:

rooms
- light, sterile, spacious rooms (with desk and chairs one on each side)
- very small, pitchdark rooms with the walls closing in on you (with bed with crumpled sheets)

figures
- a thin, grey, not-moving figure shoulders hanging down ( in grey, not fitting, loose clothing)
- an upright, agressive, (over)alert, angry figure, shoulders pushed back (jeans and close fitting T-shirt??)

cartoon
- cartoon of a head with a dotted line across the neck with CUT HERE written beside it and the sign of a pair of scissors or a cutting knife beside it

- the figures 4.48 someway or other

blackness/light
not in any particular order:
- pitchdark blackness with somewhere a glow of light
- pure pitchdark blackness with no light
- just light

window
- a window with the curtains almost open and morning light after heavy rainfall

Archive 1-7-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:20:54 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 4.48- THE PICTURES- Jaidn
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:02:28 AM »
This is a odd one, but there is a picture of Marc Chang formaly the bass player or German industrial group Einstürzende Neubauten, haveing his head shaved in a warehouse by a Japanese woman in full kimono useing a very vicious looking tradiatal Japanese razer. When I first read the head shaveing bit of 4:48. I thought of that.

Archive 29-6-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:20:29 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

4.48- THE PICTURES- KHORLOR
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 12:01:47 AM »
HI!!! I'm at uni, and am about to embark on a solo project for my degree, what i want to do is put pictures to the words of 4.48, i'm going to exhibit them. But at the moment i'm trying to find any images that spring to minds of others. I already have so many ideas, but i thought it would be interesting.....it will also go towards my research....so what images have come to your mind while reading 4.48?

Archive - 28-6-2001
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:20:11 PM by Iain Fisher »