Author Topic: Berkoff and soaps  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Berkoff and soaps
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »
Berkoff has just acted in a television play about a soap.

Corrie: The Road to Coronation Street is about the longest running soap ever which is still running.  It dramatises the start of the series.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Berkoff and soaps
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:01 PM »
As a writer and campaigner for the return of the single play I have my own views on them but can anyone inform me of his views on this subject?

It would be interesting if the BBC or whoever commisioned a single play from Berkoff (West from a while ago was written for television).  There used to be weekly plays on television (The Wednesday Play etc) but these seem to have gone, a real pity.  The radio (BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 3) still do single plays.  Caryl Churchill did a number of radio plays early in her career.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Berkoff and soaps
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
More about soaps.  A drama about a soap.

The BBC are doing a drama about the longest running soap Coronation Street (the soap is on the rival ITV Channel).
Steven will appear in the drama.

The link is here
www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h-moSWXoD7-m9vaelbmbkrxNu40g

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Berkoff and soaps
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
In an  interview (on BBC radio but I can't remember when- possibly it was Desert Island Discs on BBC Radio 4) Berkoff said he would like to appear on the British soap Eastenders.  He meant for a single episode.

I can't see him being interested in writing for soaps, and it wouldn't fit his writing style.

He is also careful not to appear as a regular on soaps as the commitment he would have to give would stop other opportunities for him,

Offline faraldo

Berkoff and soaps
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
What is Steven Berkoffs views of 'soaps' and 'soap' writing ie; for shows like Holby City and Eastenders?

As a writer and campaigner for the return of the single play I have my own views on them but can anyone inform me of his views on this subject?