Author Topic: Savage Messiah and The Boy Friend DVD's  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Savage Messiah and The Boy Friend DVD's
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
I just got mine as well.  It takes a lot of work to get them in the UK.  Warber Bros and Amazon will not dispatch to a British address.  I then ordered one via an Amazon third party seller, and shortly after the seller cancelled.

I eventually got one via ebay and the other via another Amazon third party seller.

I wonder why there is this restriction?

Offline regal26

Savage Messiah and The Boy Friend DVD's
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:56 AM »
After a lot of waiting, I finally got the Warner Archive discs of Savage Messiah and The Boy Friend. I'm pleased to report that both discs are taken from decent prints, digitally remastered and are presented in their proper aspect ratios.

However, because these are burn on demand DVD-R's, Savage Messiah includes only the trailer (and it's a pretty poor one at that...MGM did a poor promotion job). The Boy Friend includes a small behind the scenes featurette which I'm sure I've seen somewhere, but I can't remember where. It shows Twiggy rehearsing some numbers and doing some post sync work with Ken Russell, who is also interviewed a little about the film. I think they're region 0. If not, get an all region player.