Author Topic: The SOUTH BANK SHOW, with Ken Russell from 2001  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Rosebud

Re: The SOUTH BANK SHOW, with Ken Russell from 2001
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 07:58:02 PM »
Thanks for the info Iain. I have my fingers crossed that Lisi will be able to release the Gorsewood films in the near future.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 01:26:40 PM »
Lisi is looking at issuing the Gorsewood films (other than Louse which is already on DVD) together, but not sure if this is progressing, especially under current circumstances. I have offered help.

Offline Rosebud

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:11:51 PM »
With the exception of "The Fall of the Louse of Usher" I have not seen any of the Gorsewood films.  Does anybody know if Lisi Tribble owns the rights.  I have my fingers crossed that someday they will be officially released. I would love to see them all, especially "Revenge of the Elephant Man," which looked hilarious in the trailer.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »
Well worth viewing, thanks!!  Melvyn Bragg and his South Bank Show did a lot for Ken- a film a year I think.

I am lucky enough to have seen Lion's Mouth, I hope it comes out on DVD along with other Gorsewood films.  They are nowhere near Ken at his best or second best, but still they give an insight into his genius, and also sad that he had no budget

Offline Rosebud

The SOUTH BANK SHOW, with Ken Russell from 2001
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:23:40 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5UK5btXzn0&t=45s

I found this program on YouTube, which I think every Ken Russell fan will enjoy.  I think it is the first time that I have seen a scene from "Lions Mouth."