Savage Messiah: Ken Russell > Savage Messiah: Ken Russell

Where's "Dance of the Seven Veils"?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Iain Fisher:
I seem to have been the last person to get my copy, and I also had to pay customs charges- I think I did something wrong.

No Strauss of course, but it is a good box set, one of the few DVDs to do Ken justice- the others include the BFI Elgar and Song of Summer, both also in this set.  It shows his immense talent and his development to Song of Summer which must be a perfect film in terms of dramtic construction.

I don't think there are significant films being made like these today on television (but don't people always say this?).  Melvyn Bragg used to commission some good films for his LWT shows (some by Ken, and also by others on Peter Mawell Davies and Dennis Potter)  but not recently.  Does anyone commission arts films anymore?  Or do people go to other media?  Youtube is fine and useful but not exceptional.

regal26:
While the inclusion of 'Elgar' is welcome for most American viewers, it is a shame that the
print of 'Elgar' in the BBC collection is vastly inferior to the BFI release (which of course, had Russell's commentary and several intersting extras).

donaldintn:
I just got my copy in the mail from Amazon today. Like everyone else has said, there's no "Dance of the Seven Veils" as promised. Instead we get "Elgar" (which was NOT advertised) plus the two bonus features on Ken. This still is still a must and well worth having, but it's obviously frustrating that the elusive "Seven Veils" will remain - for now - unseen.

John Gargo:
I sometimes wonder if I'll ever to get to see this one.  The film is seemingly impossible to find, even online.

David Johansson:
Just got mine in the US from Amazon, and alas, despite the editorial saying it was included, no Seven Veils.  No real extras other than Ken Russell In Conversation and Late Night Line Up: Russell At Work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version