Author Topic: her work saved my life (temporarly)  (Read 10894 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: her work saved my life (temporarly)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:26:08 AM »
Yes, but it is a nice problem.  What do you most like about her work?

Iain

Offline Aimz

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
I have become really addicted to sarah kanes work and her life. Do you think its a problem?  :-\
x x x x Aimz x x x x

Offline archive

Re: her work saved my life (temporarly)- giovanni
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
i acted in 4.48 two months ago. for me, it was an intensely liberating experience, both as an actor (not having to adhere to a "character," being able to open myself up and forgetting stupid stage inhibitions) and as a person (because it made me understand and then want to share aspects of myself with other people)

Archive 25-4-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:28:04 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:49:42 PM »
i also 'nearly died' a year ago. at the time i was rehearsing 4.48 psychosis. a few weeks later another member of the cast attempted suicide. my mother has always been convinced it was to do with the involvement in the play. 4.48 has always been a great comfort to me because i have identified with it strongly. But in fact, reading Kane’s plays now, I find that there is a great belief in life, in humanity’s strengths as well as weaknesses. People’s capacity to love & to have compassion are pointed out in little glimmers in the plays. I think that identifying with 4.48 helped me, rather than hurt me. & now, in a better state of mind, I can identify with the bits f hope that appear. Even in psychosis, tho they are harder to find. I hope you can find them too xxx

Archive 19-4-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:27:43 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: her work saved my life (temporarly)- David Kilpatrick
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
I hope that by temporarily you mean you've found other reasons to carry on, or perhaps that you've moved on beyond the influence of her work.

Please note how much we hurt from her absence; how much more she could have offered us. I was crushed when I found out of her passing. I still am...

Her works do indeed communicate an awareness of the anguish of existence. Is it the identification with characters that has helped you?

Archive 12-4-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:27:15 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

her work saved my life (temporarly)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »
i don't like anything, i almost died 3/4 months ago. i discovered 4.48 psychosis in a library and still didn't returned it, read all her work. and it felt so good to find some characters i'm close to. wondering if that happened to you too. (sorry poor english)

Archive 3-4-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:26:52 PM by Iain Fisher »