Author Topic: new Tony Blair play: Albion has fallen  (Read 7458 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
new Tony Blair play: Albion has fallen
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »
Berkoff seems to be working on a new play, provisionally called Albion has fallen, about former British prime minister Tony Blair and wife Cherie.

Oliver Duff reports in The Independent on 12 Apr 2007:

"...Steven Berkoff, left- a Labour supporter [Iain: this is out of date, he no longer is]- has penned a dark comedy about the implosion of Tony Blair's premiership.
The curtain rises on an agitated Cherie and Tony, upset by criticism of her hairdressing expenses. Cherie, in verse: "Like Boadicea I must seem the sunlight's sparkling little glints upon my new-oiled precious curls. That's worth a mere 250+ a day my darling don't you think? How the filthy British press can't wait to make their rancid stink."

Tony agrees: "Like we should live like monks, or purer and wear a loincloth round our limbs."
Cherie: "Take care, we're in the stinking public eye, a great big bloody bulging orb that sits above a filthy yelping mouth that just can't wait to squeal and shout. So have a care: be subtle when you claim - those dodgy expenses - play the game."

Duff says the script is an early draft.  The short article is here
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20070412/ai_n18997395?tag=content;col1