Author Topic: oh so many questions- rach.....rachgotaas  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Aimz

Re: oh so many questions- rach.....rachgotaas
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »
I was once really struggling with what "Please open the curtains" meant. However my mum suffers with depression as well as Sara Kane. I asked her what her thoughts on it was and she told me that when suffering with depression there are times when you come to a really depressed moment and want to get out of it and the only thoughts going through your mind are getting out. My mum said that when she feels like this she imagines a door but she cant open it,she cant get out! I feel that at this part of the play she wants to get out and become better and get away from everything and become the person she used to be! That reminds me during the play she talks about a certain someone "sometimes i catch the smell of you" is she talking about the person she used to be before she got ill or is she talking about some one she has lost? ???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:03:31 PM by Iain Fisher »
x x x x Aimz x x x x

Offline archive

Re: oh so many questions
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
"open the curtains" is just: please, open the curtains of the theater and let life enter.

Archive 25-12-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:21:14 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

oh so many questions- rach.....rachgotaas
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
Among other things in 4.48 Psychosis, one of the things that intrigues me is why she uses the word c*nt once in the play: "Like every other stupid mortal c*nt". What are people's views on why she used it there? Referring to people? I found a beautiful quote from one of her other plays, though I'm not sure what it is about hope making us feel immortal, has that got anything to do with it? And what are your views on why she did the spacing and lack of punctuation like she did? Especially at the end, it's like the words are dying with her. "Open the curtains" is that after she'd committed suicide ... Is it a stage direction or is it to open the curtains in the hospital? That's where she died right? in the mental hospital? Thanks so much

Archive 14-12-2003
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:16:57 PM by Iain Fisher »