Author Topic: Discussing Sarah - Iain  (Read 15421 times)

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah Tony
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
I am delighted to have found this site. I am an actor and fledgling playwrite in Los Angeles. I have come to Sara Kane in the last few years from the printed page only. I have read "Blasted", "4:48 Psychosis" and one other the title of which escapes me. I consider her a trailblazer and look forward to seeing mounted productions of her work. Each time I tremble at the ideas and shadows the come out of my fingers during writing, I imagine the shuddering that she experienced all too realistically for her. We have her work and the envelope has moved. I am the better for it.

Afchive 20-1-2005
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:53:57 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah Andrew Manning
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
Haven't been on here for a while I'm afraid. But yes Simon, it was either the Drums or the old beetle. (how sad that I can still remember the Registration Number!?!) Even the Dog (was it Khan?) got the shockers sometimes!

Nice to see you visit here and reply to people.

Take it easy

Andrew.

Archive 22-6-2002
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:51:06 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah - Jess van Onselen
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
Simon - I have a brother who drums, and I can just about *guarantee* you were louder than you think you were!

Heh heh heh heh heh.

:)

Archive 15-11-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:50:39 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah - Simon Kane
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
Bloody hell! Was I really that loud?

Archive 15-11-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:50:14 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah Jess Cully
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
Thanks for the memories Andrew, don't think for a minute that we don't want to hear that sort of thing. It was brilliant to hear from someone who knew her.

Archive 7-9-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:49:52 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Discussing Sarah Andrew Manning
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »
I used to go to school with Sarah. I only found out about her works and untimely death by logging into Friends Reunited. I just want to say that I remember her as my first 'girl' (as in female) friend. Somewhere I still have photographs of us in Cowboy and Indian attire for my 10th Birthday party(I am now 30). I lost touch with her when I left Shenfield and had no idea what she was doing. In secondry school we were in different classes and I was not a friend as such, but we shared some good times, as children, together. We have a small convieience store in Kelvedon Hatch, I must have been there 5 times in the past 10 years. I often thought of Sarah as I walked past her old house (and Simon with his Drum practice). I guess this is not the sort of stuff you want to here about, but she was a great kid.

Archive 6-9-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:49:29 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Discussing Sarah - Iain
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Sarah Kane discussion. It is for friendly discussion on any aspect of Sarah Kane and her work, as well as contemporary theatre.

I could imagine discussions on specific plays and performances, as well as the merits of translations, memories of Sarah, trying to arrange resources for new performances or readings of her work.

Personally I would like it if there were two (at least) groups of people who will enjoy the discussion: - people who know a reasonable amount about Sarah KaneĀ“s work and want to discuss it in more detail - and people who have only just heard of her, or maybe have just read or seen a play, and are interested in reading more.

If you want to introduce yourself that is interesting for other people. But if you want to dive straight into a discussion or start a new one that is also great. LetĀ“s see how it goes.

Iain

Archive 8-2-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:49:01 PM by Iain Fisher »