Playwrights > Sarah Kane discussion

4.48- THE PICTURES- KHORLOR

(1/2) > >>

archive:
Kate, I am interested in your work on 4.48 when it is completed. I'm doing 4.48 as my honours project in directing and I am curious to see any pictures from the exhibition. Tah from lauren

Archive 5-9-2001

archive:
thanks so much, to everyone who has sent e-mail and wrote here, it took me a while to check my e-mails, but am now inspired..... although any more ideas will be greeted with a big smile!! p.s my display will be about in january, in york!!!

Archive 21-7-2001

archive:
Re the picture of the young woman in bed; make it a typical twentysomething's bedroom - CD player, portable telly, football and music posters on the wall, etc.

For the 'An expressionist nag/stalling between 2 fools/they know nothing' scene, show the same young woman from the other pictures intensely tearing a newspaper's theatre review page in half.

Archive 4-7-2001

archive:
For '4.48', the figures, digital clock style, in bright green or red on an intense black background would be very effective.

Perhaps also a young woman lying motionless in bed, a clock by her bedside showing 4.48 ?

For the number sequences, the numbers reading from left to right - not more than two or three on each line, and not arranged in neat columns - in the order they are in the play, in diminishing size (except on the couple of occasions where a higher number follows a lower one; make the higher one appropriately bigger). Do one sequence on a white ground, with the numbers in varying colours; do the other one on a black ground, with all the numbers the same colour, either white or yellow.

For the scene where she talks about her non-existent ideal woman, draw a busy Underground station platform. At the front of the crowd, in the middle, stands a very beautiful translucent woman. No-one notices her, except a young woman standing on her own at the side of the picture, who is looking at her mesmerised.

Archive 4-7-2001

archive:
The images I see:

rooms
- light, sterile, spacious rooms (with desk and chairs one on each side)
- very small, pitchdark rooms with the walls closing in on you (with bed with crumpled sheets)

figures
- a thin, grey, not-moving figure shoulders hanging down ( in grey, not fitting, loose clothing)
- an upright, agressive, (over)alert, angry figure, shoulders pushed back (jeans and close fitting T-shirt??)

cartoon
- cartoon of a head with a dotted line across the neck with CUT HERE written beside it and the sign of a pair of scissors or a cutting knife beside it

- the figures 4.48 someway or other

blackness/light
not in any particular order:
- pitchdark blackness with somewhere a glow of light
- pure pitchdark blackness with no light
- just light

window
- a window with the curtains almost open and morning light after heavy rainfall

Archive 1-7-2001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page