Playwrights > Sarah Kane discussion

HELP! Laura

(1/2) > >>

archive:
Simply on the concept of the hero in terms of their role in dramatic structure you might want to look at The Death of Character by Elinor Fuchs - 1st part of chapter 1. It might be totally wrong for what your after but it's interesting none the less.

Archive 17-6-2001

archive:
Any good online bookshop should have the Complete Plays - try amazon.

Archive 11-11-2001

archive:
Hello, I have to do my thesis on Sarah Kane and contempory theatre. Where can I find copies of the plays? I.e. buy them. Please help I'm desperate!!!! FROM Hannah in Denmark

Archive 28-10-2001

archive:
Well I would agree with this, that both characters are "anti-heros" but...is their admission, in part, perhaps a bit manipulative in the way that it also absolves them of any guilt or wrong-doing? By this I mean...ie., "If I admit I am like this, how can people really hate me then"? I'm not sure, but maybe this is true...

Archive 11-6-2001

archive:
Good point about A, and what about C? Granted, she isn't a classic 'heroine', but for me she is the focal point of Crave, and generally we sympathise with, and feel for, her (as played by Sharon Duncan-Brewster and by Sarah herself, rather than Eileen Walsh's surly portrayal).

I suggested to Jaidn by e-mail that Grace is the nearest of Sarah's characters to a heroine; Jaidn acknowledged that she achieves her goal, but pointed out that she gave in to Tinker, allowing him to change her...

Archive 13-6-2001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version