Author Topic: Lost Projects  (Read 3854 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Lost Projects
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
Not every film can be made, but those that are not made or made by someone else, I find as interesting as those made.

"Clockwork Orange"
I presume this would have been the one instead of Kubrick's version, as I really can't see two film versions of this, after Kubrick's version.

"Summer Holiday"
I actually saw this when it played in American theaters, and from what I can remember of it, Ken would have been the wrong director of it. Though, I presume it would have been closer in style to his "French Dressing" than his later films.

"Nijinsky"
Actually, he was featured in Ken's "Valentino," where he was played by Anthony Dowell. Then there was a feature film starring George de la Pena as Nijinsky and directed by Herbert Ross.

"Visions of Eight"
After seeing what Ken did in "Aria," I am really sorry this one never got made.

"The Hunger"
I have seen this, and the style of it, certainly looks like Ken's style of film.

"The Revenge of the White Worm"
With the popularity of "Lair of the White Worm" maybe this one will still be made someday. With a script by Ken and alot of boy scouts.

"How the West Was Lost"
Script by Ken? This one just makes me laugh out loud.

"The Wishing Well"
Maybe not well, but Ken sometimes used children in his films, so it would be interesting to see him do a children's film, which I don't think he ever did, before he died.

"King Ludwig of Bavaria"
And Ken can get another slap into the Wagners. Actually, like "Nijinsky" there was a film made about the title character. With the King played by Helmut Berger and Wagner by Trevor Howard and directed by Luchino Visconti. Having seen the film, it was a good looking film, but one of the most boring films I have ever seen. A real chore to sit through to the end.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
Yes, Jarman would have added something.  And music by Peter Maxwell Davies and a cameo role for Oliver Reed.

Offline richmond74

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
Gargantua for me would have been a fine addition to Ken's purple period with plenty of Rabelaisian fun plus sets by Jarman. What a loss!

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Lost Projects
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:03:07 PM »
Another lost Ken Russell project, King Ludwig of Bavaria.  This was considered as a follow-up to The Devils.

I have also done a large update of the projects pages
www.iainfisher.com/russell/ken-russell-projects.html
www.iainfisher.com/russell/ken-russell-projects-2.html

Iain