Playwrights > Steven Berkoff discussion

Dog/ Actor in Salford UK and Norway

(1/1)

Iain Fisher:
Two Steven Berkoff one-man plays, Dog and Actor, are performed in Kristiansandin in Norway on 8 Sept 2023 and at the Quarry Theatre in Bradford, UK on 21 Sept 2023.  It is a Threedumb Theatre production.

Directed and Performed by Stephen Smith.  Dramaturgical Support from Michael Blundell-Lithco and Scott Le Crass.  Sound Design by Stephen Smith and Paul Richardson.

"Two explosive and comedic short plays written by Steven Berkoff, performed back-to-back by the same one actor.  The first play: DOG follows a day in the life of a racist football hooligan and his beloved pitbull terrier, Roy, who changes his life. The second play: ACTOR is a spoken word monologue which delves into the heart of the acting industry, humorously and poignantly portraying the trying life of a struggling artist.
Without the use of any set or props, DOG/ACTOR presents a masterclass in physical theatre and comedic storytelling, promising a thrilling theatrical experience."

"Ikke gå glipp av denne spennende teateropplevelsen! Kanon Produksjon samarbeider med Threedumb Theatre på tvers av landegrenser for å bringe denne enestående oppsetningen til Norge for første gang. Engelske Stephen Smith står alene på scenen og presenterer DOG/ACTOR uten bruk av scenografi eller rekvisitter. Stykkene blir fremført rett etter hverandre og gir publikum en mesterklasse i fysisk teater og komisk historiefortelling.  Det første stykket, DOG, følger en dag i livet til en rasistisk fotballhooligan og hans elskede pitbull terrier, Roy, som forandrer livet hans. Det andre stykket, ACTOR, er en spoken-word monolog som dykker inn i skuespillerbransjen og på humoristisk og gripende måte skildrer det prøvende livet til en artist som sliter."

More details are here
http://www.iainfisher.com/berkoff/berkoff-news.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version