Author Topic: Clouds of Glory  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Clouds of Glory
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:43:21 PM »
Both films are great.  The first concentrates on the Wordsworths, the second on Coleridge.  A third, that didn't go ahead, would have been on Southey.

They are not by the BBC, who have issued a lot of Ken's stuff, but ITV the independent channel that Mevyn Bragg worked for.  This may make it less likely it will come on DVD.  I will update the site with more photos and details  of both in the next few weeks, maybe that will compensate- I have copies of each but I am not allowed to copy on pain of death.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:45:24 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Clouds of Glory
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:26 PM »
I have never seen it, but I have read a number of articles about it. While there are many films by Ken Russell I have not seen, this is one of them I'd most like to see. If for no other reason, everytime I think of Wordsworth's poetry, I hear the voice of David Warner, who played Wordsworth in the film.

Unfortunately, it does not appeared to have been released on dvd, nor do I know of any plans to release it in the future on dvd.

rayprab

Clouds of Glory
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
Apologies if people have already discussed this. I remember from the late 70s as a teenager watching a wonderful 2 part dramatisation of the lives of Wordsworth and Coleridge. I wonder if anyone else remembers it. Also, does anyone know if there are any plans to release it on DVD? It seems such a pity that no one catch watch this wonderful work now