Playwrights > Sarah Kane discussion

Crave- Bruno Nidelet

<< < (2/3) > >>

archive:
Thanks very much to both you and Jess for your input. The base 1, etc is a definite possibility. Baseball references to sexual conquests are/were popular at one time in america. I thought it might also have something to with drugs? But I like the sexual reference better. And I have the feeling that Jess is quite correct with the number being a hospital I.D. tag. As for the name of David. I was wondering if it was a biblical reference to David of King David fame and the reference to looking for him as over the city as meaning the city of Jerusalem which is the city of David. Might be reading too much into the biblical with that though. Thanks again. Bruno

Archive 5-6-2001

archive:
Or even an IP number?

Archive 5-6-2001

archive:
Thats a good point, it may have been something along those lines. I was thinking it could be ISBN no. though if it is it ha gone out of print.

Archive 5-6-2001

archive:
Another theory about the Number:

When I was at uni our Student ID Numbers began with our year of enrolment.

Perhaps one of the hospitals Sarah was admitted to in 1997 had a similar system, and so 199714424 was her patient ID number?

Archive 5-6-2001

archive:
Thanks for cracking the 'Bingo' code, you're probably right as it is a play about sex/love/relationships.

David could be B's name?

As for the number, perhaps something happened in Sarah's life at 4.21 am on 4 January 1997 ?

Archive 2-6-2001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version