Author Topic: Jon Sorensen's The Ken Russell  (Read 22921 times)

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
Re: Jon Sorensen's The Ken Russell
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
Since you are all fans of Ken's it's a no-brainer you like music as much as he and I do. There are currently 17 FREE music downloads of my work, varied in style, you are welcome to share. They will be available until 17 July 2011 when we will be taking them down permanently. The link is below the art here. To save them to your computer, you either create an entirely free account on the LULU site, or go to the individual pages for each track and right-click on the blue download button and "Save As".

The link is here:

http://stores.lulu.com/bravelaird

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
Wow, Charlton Heston parting the waves!!!  Spectacular.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »

Hi, Iain,

Following in Ken's footsteps and example, I am playing the part of The Old Traveller in my new short film drama BID TIME RETURN. Make-up kit was gotten out today and they had a go at me.
Do you think this is over the top?

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 12:22:14 AM »

Great that Ken and Lisi are to go along to a special showing of SAVAGE MESSIAH later in the year.
They met during a showing of that movie. I asked Ken what was favourite of his films.
"Savage Messiah", he answered. "Mine too", I replied.

New video here for you.

BITHBHED CREIDEAMH
(Immortal Faith)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJANeDFvTE

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 03:23:45 AM »
My album Jon Sorensen's Witch Symphony knocked Ken and Lisi Russell out when they heard it. This beautiful piece of CGI, having elements of renaissance and Bacon, and created by my friend Dennis Lowe, with whom I worked on ALIEN (1979), uses my composition Mallach The Soul Gatherer from that album. In the spirit of Ken, images and music, I saw no reason, by the good graces of Iain Fisher who runs this wonderful website, not to give you the chance to see it. Ken always pushed for mythical heroes and imaginative themes. This video is very classicist.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLifeforces

The film, RIDLEY SCOTT: SOUL GATHERER runs 8 minutes.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:24:38 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 02:52:44 AM »
Swinging by to wish all of you here a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous and rewarding New Year. See you on the other side.

I'm making a new film in 2011, my first drama since ALIEN BLOOD, which I'm really looking forward to.

Some Sorensen music presently on an internet radio station called JANGO.

http://www.jango.com/music/Jon+Sorensen

You're all welcome to join me there. And if any news arises about the proposed film Dennis Lowe wants to make about Ken in 2011, featuring myself as best supporting actor no doubt being directed by Ken, you'll hear it here first.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »

Thank you very much for that, Iain.

And as a matter of fact, a really entertaining debate and review on the dichotomy of ALIEN BLOOD has just appeared on the web.

Mr Rich and friends over on BLIP.TV. True film fans. Wonderful stuff.

Also some new music coming out which you can all check out at www.jonsorensen.co.uk

Including a Christmas Track A CHRISTMAS CHORALE FOR GHOSTS.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:36 AM »
"It is extremely rare to see a film that is just a little bit unusual nowadays, so it is always a treat to see something that is different, and Alien Blood is definitely different."

I agree with that.  And just like in Ken's films the non-professional actors come up with great performances.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »

I wanted to thank you very much for your insights on ALIEN BLOOD.

"I hope Jon makes another film".

I think I mentioned my WITCH screenplay and the virtual studio research, but the most likely project will be my short film BID TIME RETURN, which was written and registered with the Writer's Guild Of America nearly two years ago! I have to say people like the script very much indeed. People in the know I mean, other "professionals". But short though it will be, intentionally designed that way, it is technically very challenging. As usual with my stuff. Perhaps that is the one I'll do next year to exercise my film-making chops.

Thanks again!

Offline Rosebud

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 03:48:32 AM »
Jon is a longstanding fan of Ken's work (Alien Blood shows this) but he only met Ken in the last few years.  I don't think he has composed for Ken.

He has worked on a number of major films, but the roles were uncredited.  Internet movie database lists Alien (visual effects miniatures), Time Bandits (visual effects camera), The Empire Strikes Back (assistant camera) and others.

Let me know what you think of Alien Blood when you get it.

Iain

Hi Iain,

I just recently watched "Alien Blood."  I thought it was great.  Jon definitely didn't let his limited budget prevent him from making a very bizare, but also extremely entertaining film.  Of all of Ken Russell's films, "Alien Blood" reminded me of "The Lair of the White Worm" the  most -- the beautiful interiors of the castle, vampires in a modern setting, unconventional action heroes, and camp humor played strait.  When Dracula bites his tongue, I couldn't stop laughing even though at the same time I felt sorry for him.   The action scenes were really unique in the way they were directed, so unique that I have no idea how to describe them.  It is extremely rare to see a film that is just a little bit unusual nowadays, so it is always a treat to see something that is different, and "Alien Blood" is definitely different.  That is probably the main reason that I love Ken Russell is that his films are different.  I hope Jon makes another film.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
Jon, a question on Alien Blood if I can.

How did you get it off the ground?  Getting locations, cast, technicians etc?  How long was filming?  What went according to plan and what went off plan?  I suspect your methods are similar to Ken's in his later period.

Well, thanks to my usual ham-fistedness with the internet, Iain, I have unwittingly started a new "thread" when I meant to put my answer up here.

You just can't get the bloody staff.

X

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »
Jon, a question on Alien Blood if I can.

How did you get it off the ground?  Getting locations, cast, technicians etc?  How long was filming?  What went according to plan and what went off plan?  I suspect your methods are similar to Ken's in his later period.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 04:26:31 AM »
There is another free download music track for those of you here.

Jon Sorensen's A MUSE ON MUSIC BY A SCOTTISH PRIEST ON THE ISLE OF IONA.

Totally tongue in cheek and a send-up in the Russell mould. So my pleasure.

You go here and Right-Click on the Download button to Save, or, you may have to create an entirely free account if that does'nt do it for you.

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/jon-sorensens-a-muse-on-music-by-a-scottish-priest-on-the-isle-of-iona/11915849?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

The track was written for my tribute album to Ken, Jon Sorensen's THE KEN RUSSELL, and I it was on the CD I presented him with, but I changed it on the actual release for the track ALIENS AND DELIUS, (which is a title also in honour of Iain Fisher). Anyway, there it is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:03:05 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
Wow!  Thanks Jon for taking the time and sharing with us all of that awesome information.  I absolutely love the album (Which I've been listening to at least every other day for the past month).  Also, thanks for the download links.  I can't wait to watch "Alien Blood" which I ordered through amazon, but I still have not received in the mail.  I'm also a huge David Lynch fan, thus when you said the film was both Russellesque and Lynchian I got even more excited.  It is a real shame that Ken's "Dracula" was never made.  Needless to say, it would have been amazing.  Thanks again.
You are very welcome. Always a pleasure to talk about Ken and his influence and if you really like the music, Amazon US have put some 40 full streaming tracks you can listen to free from the 11 albums and 9 EP's "The Jon Sorensen Music Project" turned out between 2007-2010.

You go here. (Apparently the page needs refreshing occasionally to bring the player up):

http://www.amazon.com/Jon-Sorensen/e/B001QXIES0/ref=sr_tc_img_2?qid=1267303655&sr=1-2-ent
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:29:56 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Rosebud

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:50:17 AM »
Wow!  Thanks Jon for taking the time and sharing with us all of that awesome information.  I absolutely love the album (Which I've been listening to at least every other day for the past month).  Also, thanks for the download links.  I can't wait to watch "Alien Blood" which I ordered through amazon, but I still have not received in the mail.  I'm also a huge David Lynch fan, thus when you said the film was both Russellesque and Lynchian I got even more excited.  It is a real shame that Ken's "Dracula" was never made.  Needless to say, it would have been amazing.  Thanks again.