Author Topic: Skin in italy  (Read 11491 times)

Offline luz

Re: Skin in italy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:18:07 AM »
Thank you, Iain

I hope to publish my traslation of Skin screenplay...for the moment.

I'm from Naples, and 2008 is the year of international theatre festival in my city (this is the link www.teatrofestivalitalia.it/), I would pay a tribute to one of the most important dramatists of our times.

I'll know you about.
Luciana

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:05:27 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Skin in italy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:25:34 PM »
Hi Luciana,

Nice to hear from you.

Crave was the first Sarah Kane play I saw and it moved me as much as you.
Working on Skin is interesting- are you going to translate the screenplay or the filmed version?

For the rights you should contact Casarotto Ramsay & Associate Ltd, National House, 60-66 Wardour Street, London W1V 4ND, Great Britain.

I have a phone number and email address for them, but not with me now.  When I find it I will email it to you- but it make take a while so you might be quicker just writing.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Iain

Offline luz

Skin in italy
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
My name is Luciana Grassi and I am an Italian translator.
First I would thank you for your Sarah Kane website; when I was working at my thesis, it has been very useful to me.

I love Sarah Kane's plays.
The first time I saw Crave, translated and directed by Barbara Nativi, it moved me deeply and I immediately went to buy Italian collection of her plays.
Then I saw others Sarah Kane's plays.

When I was about to graduate, and I had to choose a subject for my degree thesis in English literature, I have chosen to analyse Sarah Kane's revolution in the English theatre.

During my research, I knew her short film Skin. I was struck by innovative use of television medium and I desired to read Skin screenplay.
This text had interested me so much that I wrote on it an entire chapter of my thesis and I tried to translate it in my language.

Now I collaborate with different publishing houses and my dream is to publish my Skin translation.
However, I have a problem: I don't know of the copyrights situation on this text, and when I proposed my translation to publishers, they ask me about rights question.
Therefore, I hope you can help me to have some elucidations about this.

Thank you for your attention
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:38:25 AM by Iain Fisher »