Author Topic: What happened to Scott Antony?  (Read 115180 times)

Offline edenjon

Re: What happened to Scott Antony?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
Further to questions about Scott Antony.
He was a leading graduate of RADA , subsequently  appearing in a number of  theatre productions including  a Shakespeare. His  screen  appearences  are in  the Savage Messiah  Directed by ken Russell, Dead Cert Directed by the famous  Tony Richardson,  and Mutations  directed by  Jack Cardiff ( who had directed  Girl on a Motorcycle  and been previously associated with Michael Powell's  films ). Sadily  none of these films are currently available in the Uk on DVD.
His other  Tv work  includes  the lead  'Cheri'  in  collets  '  Cheri'   a black and white classic BBC Tv series  directed by Claude Whadham  who also  Directed 'Shallows and Amazons' ,  and  as one of the leads in  the BBC series  'Angels' .
None of this  BBC material is available on DVD.
In the later 1970's  Scott was  involved in corporate  videos  partnering a company involved  in the production. He Directed an arts centre  in Gloucester  City  which was argueably almost a cultural desert  before his arts trust developed.
he innovated  arts initatives  such as  arts cabaret in Gloucester park ,  outreach arts workers to work within communities and community organisations,  a whole variety of arts based  workshops one of which  produced a short film in which he featured,  a playwagon  which took  inflatable   large tools/castles around playschemes and live events, etc. this dynamic organisation featured  as part of the gloucester tourism strategy and was  in an episode of then popular ITV  programme Stars on Sunday.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »
I'd love to interview her for the site, I think she was stunning in Salome.

Alan

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 01:57:26 AM »
I often see Imogen, however, I have only just found out about her career.  Her illness has devastated a promising talent.

Next time I see her, I just going to hug her.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:37 AM »
It would be good to hear more of Scott Antony.  I understand that he lives in the UK but has long abandoned acting.

Imogen Millais Scott had a lot of health problems.  In Salome she was almost blind- in one scene when she picks something from a table you can see she is using her hand to find the object.  She was also too frail to do the actual dance.  But good news on her health:

https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/newsroom/life_stories/story.jsp?id=36

I also liked Alita Naugton from French Dressing.  She also did nothing after Ken.

Iain
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:12:59 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »

Glenda Jackson.
While she has appeared in about 29 theatrical films, she has earned only two Oscars. One of them for her performance in Russell's "Women in Love."

Two Oscars is a lot!!!  She is there alongside Brando.

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:59:39 AM »
Not only Scott Anthony . . . (IMHO) one of Ken's strengths is the performance he gets out of his actors. Here are some of those who gave their best in one of Ken's films.

"Lair of the White Worm"
Amanda Donohoe
Chris Pitt

"Salome's Last Dance"
Imogene Millais-Scott

"The Boy Friend"
Twiggy

"Women in Love"
Glenda Jackson.
While she has appeared in about 29 theatrical films, she has earned only two Oscars. One of them for her performance in Russell's "Women in Love."

And Oliver Reed. While he has given strong performances in the films of other directors, some of his best work is in the films he made with Russell.

donald farmer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:32 AM »
I've wondered what happened to Scott Anthony too! Besides SAVAGE MESSIAH and DEAD CERT, the only other film I can find him in is THE MUTATIONS with Donald Pleasance where he has a completely thankless role. Only Ken gave him a proper showcase for his talents

Offline spasmo

What happened to Scott Antony?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »
In my opinion, this man had great talents and was wonderful as the lead in Savage Messiah. What happened to him? His only other major effort was a Tony Richardson film (Dead Cert) in 1974...