Author Topic: Info on Belgian production in March?  (Read 9998 times)

Offline deadangel

Re: Info on Belgian production in March?
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »
Hi Simona!

If you can read French you can visit the theatre's website here: http://www.oceannord.org/ and it gives a telephone number you can call to reach them (Tel: 02 242 96 89). I tried sending them an e-mail, but they never answered, so I'd recommend calling. I think you do need to reserve a place for the conference, I did when I called them anyway, as well as a ticket for the play on the 15th. I will obviously also be attending the Sarah Kane day, and I'm currently writing my MA dissertation on Kane's work (specifically Crave and 4.48 Psychosis). If it's convenient maybe we could meet and exchange thoughts and ideas while we're both there.

Sarah

Offline simo23

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
Hey hello! I'm Simona from Milan, Italy.
I read the news of the performance that will be played in Bruxelles, 4.48 Psychosis and of the day devoted to Sarah Kane.
I'm really happy because I love Sarah Kane's works and I would like to make my graduation thesis on her work.
So I'm quite sure to go to Bruxelles to see the performance and to partecipate to the day devoted to her!
I would like to know who I have to call to reserve a place to partecipate to the conference (if it is necessary!). are there other people who think to go there?
maybe We can meet!

wish to have news

thanks! 

simona

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:44:57 AM »
I am jealous!!

Iain

Offline deadangel

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
I called the theatre now, and booked a place for the Sarah Kane day, and the play the same evening. So I'm going to Brussels. Very excited! Will let you know how it all was after. :)

Offline deadangel

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »
Hi Iain,

Thanks for your reply! That's exciting news if Graham Saunders and Mel Kenyon are involved. I've read his book on Kane, and read interviews with Kenyon, and I imagine they might both be good Kane resources. And I agree that it will still be interesting to see a Kane production even if it's in a language I don't speak. I saw Phaedra's Love in Amsterdam about a year ago (also thanks to information on this site!), and I don't understand much Dutch, and even less a year ago, but I still found it very interesting. I think this one might be even more so, since the play is so open for interpretation.

You wouldn't happen to know if I need to sign up somewhere to participate in this day? Like I mentioned, I sent them an e-mail (in English) to the address listed on Théâtre Océan Nord's website a week ago, but have not received a reply yet. I guess the next step would be to call them, though I'd prefer it if I didn't have to do that.

Sarah 

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:41:56 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I think Mel Kenyon and Graham Saunders will be involved in the day, so parts at least will presumably in English.  Graham Saunder has especially useful insights into Kane's work.

I saw Cleansed recently in German, which I don't speak, but if you know the play you can still appreciate the performance, so I imagine you will gain a lot from seeing 4.48, even if it is in French.

If you go to it, tell us all about it please.

Best wishes

Iain

Offline deadangel

Info on Belgian production in March?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »
I read on the hot news page about a production of 4.48 Psychosis in Belgium in March, and also a day dedicated to Sarah Kane and her work. As an English/Norwegian speaker I will not be able to understand many of the words in the French production, but I know the text quite well and am interested in seeing how they choose to 'set the stage' so to speak. I might be in Amsterdam still at that time, so I figured it wouldn't be that hard to get to Brussels. However I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what this Sarah Kane day is? And if it'll all be in French? I'm writing my masters degree dissertation on Kane, and Crave and 4.48 Psychosis in particular, but I've not seen a production of either. If anyone knows anything about this it would be very helpful in planning my trip. I sent an e-mail to the theatre that's doing the production, but no answer so far.

Thanks, Sarah