Author Topic: 4.48 Sarah Kane, Monologue  (Read 29041 times)

Lojain

Re: 4.48 Sarah Kane, Monologue
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
Hi ,
I also search for a monologue and I have trouble , that I couldn't see any play or any monoluge in the internet .
I hope that anyone help me and send me any monoluge for sarah kane .
please I need to .

Dr Stone

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:40 AM »
The biggest problem with you guys staging Sarah Kanes 4.48 Psychosis is that you are looking at it as if its a monologue when really its not the best way to look at it. Think of it as many voices as well as one. Some people think this is Kane's suicide note but that is ignorant - its a well researched look into depression from a number of perspectives. Don't try and play the scene naturalistic and definitely dont go for a stereotypical psychosis sufferer. Be inventive - do something new with the text

Dr S Stone
Aberystwyth University, CPR

fiona

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:40:50 AM »
i am doing thissame play to formy A level. what i am doing is picking out the main shocking parts of monologue, i am also having an uperlevel with a rop to show my suicied, and have 4.48 scribbled on the black walk in white chalk, think about haveing to different voices to and play on that andpick with lineis goingto be which voice good luck xxx :)

eeeeeek!

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »
i'm also doing this as my A level monologue. if anyone has any suggestions on how to stage or any tips on how to go with this one, i'd really appreciate it. thankyou x

Laura

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »
Heya,
My teachers reccomended this play to me but i`m not sure if i can pull it off. It`s a fantastic play but im not sure I can give the performance that this play deserves. I`m also doing this for my As level but I`m still not sure if I can pull it off, everyone else has chosen theirs but i`m still struggling to find a monologue. I`m more into performing dramas that are about romance for some reason that seems to be a lot more comfortable for me to do. I do realise that part of acting is to challenge yourself into new and different roles and genres but i`m also wondering if this is perhaps too much of a risk for my final peice.
Any ideas, tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thankyou muchly
Laura
xxxx

Offline Cicek

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:38:25 PM »
Sorry for the ridiculously late reply!

After reading through the play (4.48) a few times, I've decided to do page 214/215 "Sometimes I turn around.."

I've fallen in love with Kane's work, and have been reading up about her. I've also taken into consideration some comments people have made about acting this particular play, but I'm still quite unsure as to how to make this monologue as amazing as I think it is.

Any tips or ideas (how to stage it etc) would be extremely helpful.

Thanks, Cicek  :)

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »
Do you have any tips for people doing the monologue?

Offline Shivfisher

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »
I agree -Dr. This and Dr. That - I've used it as a monologue many a time.

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:55 AM »
Hi,

Great that you are doing 4.48.  Two suggestions from me:

- Dr. This and Dr. That... This is not a world in which I wish to live (pages 209-210 of the Complete Plays).  There is some humour in the accuracy of Kane's observations, obviously from real life, coupled with intelligence (there is an objective reality in which mind and body are one) and sadness (nothing can extinguish my anger)

- At 4.48 when sanity visits... and a saner life tomorrow (pages 231-232).  At times a lot like a T.S. Eliot poem, with some difficult sections to perform (the flash flicker burn... sequences) but they are also opportunities

What do you think?

Iain

Offline Cicek

4.48 Sarah Kane, Monologue
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
Hi everyone!

I have just decided to do the last of Sarah Kane's plays, 4.48 Psychosis, for my A level drama.
And I'm having trouble picking a monologue, although the whole play is basically monologues, I'm just stuck for choice.
Any suggestions of a monologue would be great, and any tips also!

Thanks so much :)