Author Topic: Glenda Jackson wants a Ken Russell festival  (Read 3290 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Glenda Jackson wants a Ken Russell festival
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »
Well, as a member of Parliament, if anybody can make it happen she can. But, if she holds on, Labour may be back in power, as there is some question on this side of the pond whether Cameron and the Conservatives can remain in power with the on going scandal bringing--seemingly--new resignations and/or arrests every day.

As for "Sunday, Bloody, Sunday" being the first homosexual love story captured on film, where does that leave "Women in Love?" Homosexual love story or homosexual sex story?

Offline richmond74

Re: Glenda Jackson wants a Ken Russell festival
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
Indeed. A Glenda-fest might also be a good idea as I fear knowledge and appreciation of Jackson's own body of work is slipping from too many people's memories. BFI act now - two-for-one entry to the Ken n' Glen retrospectives!

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Glenda Jackson wants a Ken Russell festival
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
An interview with Glenda Jackson by Tom Foot in The Camden NewJournal, 14 July 2011

On her two oscars "My mother used to keep them on the sideboard, and she polished everything within an inch of life. It didn’t take long for the surface gold plating to come off and show the base metal on the inside which, I thought, was a neat analogy. Awards don’t make you better – and, no, I didn’t pick them up.”"

and

"Ms Jackson called for a festival to be set up in Ken Russell’s memory, add­ing: “It’s scandalous that no one remembers him any more. Outrageous.”"

The full aticle is here:
www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2011/jul/double-oscar-winning-actress-and-labour-mp-glenda-jackson-gives-talk-kilburn-film-fest