Author Topic: Rights!!  (Read 8400 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Rights!!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
For details of how to obtain the rghts see the mail "A Performance of 4.48 Psychosis "

Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:53:21 AM »
Who did you contact to get the rights? I'm working on putting together a season for my company and haven't had any luck finding out who to talk to.

I'm in America, by the way.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:11:14 AM »
Hi,

You have my sympathy, though of course it is best to get the rights before you start.

You could write again stressing your wish to introduce Sarah Kane's play to a new audience, and mention some of your ideas on the staging.
Do you have any idea of the average audience of shows in your college?  If it is reasonable state that you expect the same number to attend your performances.

Be respectful ("I of course respect your right to decide on the performances..." sort of stuff) but then request them to reconsider ("I may not have given you enough information, so I ask you to reconsider your decision") then give the reasons.  Be enthusiastic about Sarah Kane's work.

Maybe it will work, give it a go.  I know of another group who managed to overturn the decision.

Best wishes and let us know what happens.

Iain

Offline niamho

Rights!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:29:31 PM »
We have just been told we can't get the rights for Psychosis 4.48. We've already started work and we feel that it's a little unfair. the reason is that there will be two other plays performed on the same nights in the same venue. We really intended to do a great production and dont think it would have been compromised by this....

IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO??