Author Topic: Book Plug! Graham Saunders  (Read 8972 times)

Offline archive

reply to book plug from a level student Emma
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
hey graham, im an a level student doing "Crave" for my a level drama piece. I would really love you to share some ideas on this to help me deepen my knowledge and perhaps you could share or explain Kanes dramatic intentions for the piece. I would love to hear from you as I am desperate for some info!! Thanks a lot Emma, London

Archive 8-12-2004
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:38:00 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Book Plug! Anthea
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:07:57 PM »
Hi Graham Well the book sounds fab - I'm a big Sarah Kane fan so will be sure to pick it up in December. However right now that is really not soon enough. I'm actually a theatre honours student at the University of New South Wales in Sydney and I'm writing a paper on Sarah's works (mainly Crave and 4.48) for a class that looks at Millennial Affects on Society and their affects on contemporary performance. Basically the essay is on Multiplicity. I've read some interviews with Sarah which are interesting, but all the critical work seems to focus on Blasted which is not really the text I'm interested in. Can you suggest anything? Thanks Anthea

Archive 4-6-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:37:34 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Book Plug! Graham Saunders
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:06:59 PM »
Dear Kane-spotters, This is a terrible plug, but I have just completed what I hope will be the first indepth study of Sarah's work. It's called 'Love me or kill me': Sarah Kane and the Theatre of Extremes. It's an introduction to the plays and also features interviews interviews at the back with practioners who knew Sarah such as James Macdonald, Vicky Featherstone etc. Manchester University Press are publishing it and hopefully it should be out for December. Edward Bond has dine a really nice preface and there are some previously unseen rehearsal photographs of Sarah and the casts from Woyzeck and Phaedra''s Love. I'm writing this message from Kuala Lumpa on the return from a holiday to celebrate finsihing the book so I haven't seen Blasted yet. I'm going with a party of my students from Coventry University on the 28th March to catch the last matinee - can't wait! If anyone wants further details or just wants to find out more about Sarah's work I'd be happy to help! Well done Ian - it's an excellent site!

Graham Saunders

Archive 21-4-2001
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:36:42 PM by Iain Fisher »