Author Topic: Blasted Images- Gaia Damselfly  (Read 8770 times)

Offline archive

Re: Blasted Images- kamik
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »
Hi Gaia, I'm gonna compare "Blasted" (or Crave or Cleansed) with some play of Sartre - diplom of french litterature - after "Psychosis 4.48", I put away other plans - do you have any script of these plays?

Archive 18-11-2002
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:32:46 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Blasted Images- del_bond
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:23:11 AM »
Ian Buried up to his neck - reference to Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus; eyes removed - either Gloucester in King Lear, or a true story (an undercover policeman had his cover blown and some football hooligans removed his eyes); the fragments become shorter (as do all the scenes in the play) even time as a concept is 'blasted' apart. I think of it as basically as a visual list of all the things you would like to befall a rapist arsehole like Ian. But also Sarah's reference to bloody works of literature that have now been elevated to high art (Shakespeare) might be her pointing out that brutality is nothing new - we've always been violent creatures, and theatre has alays reflected that. Hope this is helpful - I wrote an essay comparing Blasted and Titus, email me if I can help you any more. D

Archive 14-11-2002
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:32:27 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Blasted Images- Gaia Damselfly
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »
Hello all and wow...what a message board! I am in the process of writing an analysis of Kane's Blasted for my Dramatugy and Directing class. We are going to do a staged reading of the play as a dramaturgical exercise and as our final project. We have been asked to discuss (among much) the meanings of the final images of Blasted and how the final image of the play informs the overall summary. Any thoughts or ideas on this? Would love to hear. Thanks

Archive 10-11-2002
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:32:12 PM by Iain Fisher »