Author Topic: 'Skin' Jaidn  (Read 8468 times)

Offline archive

Re: 'Skin' Owen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:04:31 PM »
The cuts were major...could you describe what's lost from the text to the screen? I am in the US, a theatre directing student, and I am working on adapting SKIN for the stage. I have been looking for a copy of the video with no luck, and would at least like to get a first-hand reaction to the broadcast version.

Also, I was toying with the idea of setting this adaptation in America, after all that's where it will be shown. I think the image of Billy being tied up by his own american flag boxer shorts will have a special meaning for a US audience. Any thoughts?

Archive 26-9-2002
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:51:03 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: 'Skin' Adam
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
I quite sure they have not released a video.

I luckily lay awake very late one night when I came across Skin. Its brutality its so graceful and the text seems so apt for the screen. Its interesting to read in Graham Saunders new publication how sarah felt about the medium of television, she felt that theatre was the only true medium through which her work would not be (directly) censored; an interesting thought. Correct of course, that is why Skin was shown at such a late hour the night I lay awake. The cuts are quite major, however, I feel are totally justified and the final cut is very impressive. There is so much in SKin, its such a vast piece of work and has been elegently crafted into a ten minute screenplay. Perhaps another interpretation is what is needed now?

Archive 22-4-2002
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:50:41 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

'Skin' Jaidn
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »
Hmmm well to get a bit of a discussion going I thought i would talk about this. I have a couple of questions. Did F4 ever release it on video, as they did with similer things from that era, or not. Also from what I remember of it there were alot of ommisions from the script in 'Compleate Works' I'm guessing that is a Authors script and not the shooting script, as I remeber the acctually film was done with alot of horribal jump cuts (mid 90's Mtv fare). As foar as I remeber most of the cuts from the prnted version were neer the end, and it also misses some of the build up to the attack, and the whole Panda thing. Though there is enough material in the script for about 30mins, when it was supposed to be ten.

Archive 29-3-2002
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:50:15 PM by Iain Fisher »