Author Topic: Just Ask Yourself . . .  (Read 10691 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Just Ask Yourself . . .
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
Just ask yourself . . .
Kevin
Answers welcomed

Q10: When did one realize he'd soon be wyrm food?
A: As for myself, as soon as I saw him standing by the side of the road in the rain, trying to thumb a ride, I'd knew what his fate would be.

Q11: Since they indicate his age, what was the colour of his garter tabs?

Q12: Why did he not only put his rucksack, but also his coat and hat in the back?

Q13: Since Sylvia did not give him the keys to get into the back, how did he get into the back?
A: I know some cars have a trunk or boot release near the dashboard, but I don't know whether that year and make of car does or does not.

Q14: What happened to the uniform he was wearing and the rest of his things?

Q15: Whys?
a. a boy scout?
b. is he wearing such an outdated uniform?
c. most likely underage?
d. is he shown suffering from acne?
e. homely instead of handsome?
f. is he so sexually passive?

Q16: And why a girlfriend? Since that would work against him being a virgin, and next to the Trents, he is probably the most hetero character in the film.

Arguablely . . .

If Little Maria (played by Marilyn Harris) in 1931's "Frankenstein" is the best example of murdered child victim of a female persuasion in horror films, then Kevin (played by Chris Pitt) in "Lair of the  White Worm" is the best murdered child victim of a male persuasion in horror films.

And it is also an example of Ken Russell's boldness, when making a film. Something similiar happens in the recent "Under the Skin," as a female driver picks up a male thumbing a ride, probably for sexual purposes, takes him to where she lives, and then kills him, when he gets naked. But, all her victims seem to be adult males. Only Ken Russell in all his boldness, is one of the few to use a character that is underage and played by an underaged actor.

Next time: the Trents and Erny. 

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »
Q05. If it had been a public function in a public place, such as the local pub, she'd probably be arrested for serving alcohol to an underage minor, Kevin, but what about a private function in a private home, could she be arrested for serving alcohol to a minor?

In the UK you cannot buy/ sell alcohol to someone under 18.  A child under 5 may not drink alcohol.  Children from 5-18 can drink beer in a private place, so Sylvia could legally offer Kevin a drink.

T

Thank-you for that answer. I presume the same thing would apply if it had happened here in the U.S. Of course, if it had been illegal, that probably be the least of her worries, as she would go on to commit . . .

sex with an underage minor, since we can presume he was under 16,
sexual assault on an underage minor,
murder in the 1st degree,
and various charges of theft, as she probably stole, after he was dead, whatever he was wearing and whatever he had in his rucksack, which I need to list sometime in the future.

Thank-you again for the answer. It is nice to know that the laws in some foreign countries are probably not much different than the laws here in the U.S.

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
Q05. If it had been a public function in a public place, such as the local pub, she'd probably be arrested for serving alcohol to an underage minor, Kevin, but what about a private function in a private home, could she be arrested for serving alcohol to a minor?

In the UK you cannot buy/ sell alcohol to someone under 18.  A child under 5 may not drink alcohol.  Children from 5-18 can drink beer in a private place, so Sylvia could legally offer Kevin a drink.

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Just ask yourself . . .
Sylvia
Answers welcomed

Q03. How old was she? We know that she was alive in 288 A.D. And when did she die? No later than 1988, but did the film take place--supposedly--before then?

Q04. Why was she so opposed to Erny going to the hospital for treatment for the snakebite on his ankle?

Q06. "And a scout does a good deed every day." What if she had been wearing Kevin's scout uniform, since they were about the same size, when she tempted Eve from the apple tree in the orchard near Stonerigg Cavern?

Q07. As her thrall, why did she choose Mrs. Trent over Mr. Trent?

Q08. And why not Kevin as her thrall, instead of Mrs. Trent, as he'd most likely be less recognized as a missing person?

Q09. Was her body ever recovered from the belly of the wyrm? And Kevin's?

Next time: Kevin

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Just Ask Yourself . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Until such time, as I can find another version of Ken's "The Devils" or any of his theatrical films on the world wide web or anywhere else, we'll run these questions from "Lair of the White Worm" past one for one's entertainment. And answers are welcome.

Just ask yourself . . .
Ken . . .

01. Whence the boldness? While there have been men seduced and murdered by women in films, for the most part they have all been adult males, Kevin is one of the few underage males to be seduced and murdered by a woman.

02. Despite Ken's apparent disdain for the scouts, and the scene's comic situation, since Kevin is such a realistic creation, was there any of Ken in Kevin, when Ken was a teen?

Next time: Sylvia