Author Topic: Ken, Thy Name Is Erotica  (Read 6748 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Ken, Thy Name Is Erotica
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57:37 AM »
I would put Women in Love with the wrestling of Oliver Reed and Alan Bates as the most erotic scene.  Vanessa Redgrave's character in The Devils as the most sexually driven but also sexually deprived character- and her acting is superb.

Best erotic people in his films for me:
- Linzi Drew inn Aria
- Alita Naughton in French Dressing
- Imogen Millais Scott in Salome

Iain

The wrestling scene from "Women in Love" is a favorite of many, but it is a scene that almost didn't happen according to Ken. Up to the last moment, he didn't know whether he could get the actors to do it, so his stand-by plan was for the actresses to do it. Which would have been fine, except we wouldn't have gotten one of the first mainstream films, if not the first mainstream film to feature full frontal male nudity.

And as for Imogen Millais Scott in "Salome," she gives lie to the belief that Ken wasn't an actor's director. He got a great performance out of someone who had little or no previous acting experience. Though, I do think she makes a better Salome than a Rose.

As for the Lady and the boy scout in "Lair of the White Worm," it is one of my favorites, because it breaks all the taboos for eroticism. Sex with a child. Yes. Sexual assault. Yes. Lust murder. Yes. But it still remains erotic, at least for those people who have one or more of these sex fetishes.

bite boots entice fangs foulard headscarf holder lingerie luck nerd pagan PVC scarf smoking                                                                                                           
 As for myself, as a boy scout, they never told me, if I thumbed a ride in the rain, I might get picked up by a beautiful woman driving a classic car, who would then take me to her home for a nice bubble bath.

And it does not take much effort to make a handsome hero erotic, but it does take alot of effort to make a homely anorak erotic.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:08:58 AM by Iain Fisher »

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:17:20 AM »
I would put Women in Love with the wrestling of Oliver Reed and Alan Bates as the most erotic scene.  Vanessa Redgrave's character in The Devils as the most sexually driven but also sexually deprived character- and her acting is superb.

Best erotic people in his films for me:
- Linzi Drew inn Aria
- Alita Naughton in French Dressing
- Imogen Millais Scott in Salome

Iain

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:20:52 AM »
If "Lair of the White Worm" is Ken's most erotic film (IMHO) than "The Devils" is Ken's 2nd most erotic film.

Who ever thought that politics could be erotic. Ken makes the subject erotic in "The Devils."

Should a character be erotic simplely on the basis of a physical deformity, probably not. But we have a character in "The Devils" who is not only physically deformed, but also probably mentally deformed. And I'm talking about Vanessa Redgrave's character. Who, next to Oliver Reed's character, is probably the most erotic character in the film.

Also . . .
eyeglasses
white sterile spaces
and, of course, nuns.

Next time: "Ken: Feminist, Sexist, or Both"

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Ken, Thy Name Is Erotica
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:07:44 AM »
This list is not original, as it is taken from another website, whose web address I no longer remember, but it does show Ken's strength as a filmmaker at making erotic, what one would not normally consider erotic. For example: paleontology. When was that last erotic? 1938 and "Bringing Up Baby," maybe?

Ken also has the skill of making what probably should not be erotic erotic.
Should an underaged boy scout be considered to be erotic? Probably not. But Ken not only makes the underaged boy scout in "Lair of the White Worm" erotic, but he makes a homely boy scout in an out-of-date scout uniform erotic.

Excluding the violent, the sex objects, and the nudity, here is the rest of the list for "Lair of the White Worm."

archaeology
bagpipes
kilts
Jaguar XKE
hypnosis
lords
ladies
coolness
slinky fetish clothing
titled dominant women
and, of course, all things snake
. . . dancing