Author Topic: The Music Lovers online  (Read 4422 times)

Offline richmond74

Re: The Music Lovers online
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:15:59 PM »
Having only ever seen the 'pan & scan' VHS version, this was a revelation as expected, albeit compartmentalised into You Tube friendly segments. Actually talking of You Tube, it's a shame the pivotal train carriage sequence fades out before the conclusion - I guess self censorship on the part of the poster in line with You Tube's fairly prudish values.

However, back to the film, it still remains one of the most exhilarating cinematic treatments of music (yes, the panavision images are a knock-out) and it was great to see the Russell 'rep company' out in force, with Max Adrian chewing the scenery with his few scenes.

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: The Music Lovers online
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:47:19 AM »
It is great it is there.  I watched the first part and the slide ride followed by the crowd scene where Ken introduces all the characters shows him in his top form.  If you want to intoduce someone to classical music show them this film- the opening sequence, the piano concerto scene and the 1812 scene.

Offline regal26

The Music Lovers online
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »
Some kind soul has posted The Music Lovers in its entirety on YouTube in widescreen.

It's been such a long while since I've seen it in the theater and my video copy is in
pan and scan. It's wonderful to see the widescreen compositions again.

Check it out before the thought police take it down for copyright violation.