Author Topic: Moll Flanders  (Read 10685 times)

Offline regal26

Re: Moll Flanders
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
According to one source, with Harry Alan Towers' recent death, the Moll Flanders
film is now definitely kaput. Real drag.

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 01:09:59 AM »
That means his last film, unless he does another on, will be "Trapped Ashes."

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »
In Herne Bay Ken says Moll Flanders is probably not going ahead- see the other post on French dressing for the interview.

Offline archie

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
Ken has promised at the Motovun Film Festival to return to Croatia next year to start filming!

http://www.motovunfilmfestival.com/index.php?page=newsfull&nid=11396&lang=en&p=1

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 12:51:49 AM »
I've never seen "DogBoys," but I have seen "Prisoner of Honor," and it has many of the strengths of Russell's films. A good use of location. Good cinematography. Fairly strong acting. And a surprisingly good cast, which includes, among others, Richard Dreyfuss, Oliver Reed, Peter Firth, Jeremy Kemp, Brian Blessed, Peter Vaughan, Kenneth Colley, and Lindsay Anderson.

The scene with the transvestites refers to a scene where one of the characters enters a whorehouse that caters to homosexuals and finds the male prostitutes are dressed as women.

Except one of the prostitutes is actually played by an actress, Miranda Coe. So, you have a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman. That's our Ken.

And Richard Dreyfuss claims that he is related to the character in the title or Capt. Dreyfus, who is played by Kenneth Colley in the film.

Offline Nick Jones

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:07 AM »
There are also transvestites in Prisoner of Honor (not bad), and Dogboys, AKA Tracked (absolutely wretched; unless you are a completist, avoid! :P)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »
Well, "Moll Flanders" maybe the first time that Ken has used a well known, at least well known to me, drag queen in a role in one of his films, but this would not be the first time that Ken has used tranvestism, in one of his films, to make a point.

"The Devils"
Weren't some of the French king's male courtiers dressed as women in this film?

"Salome's Last Dance"
Years before "The Crying Game," there was Ken's "Salome's Last Dance."

"Lair of the White Worm"
While perhaps more covert then the other films, you'll notice that through most of the film, Mary (Sammi Davis) wears masculine style clothing. And you'll also notice that Kevin (Chris Pitt) is seemingly wearing a feminine housecoat, while he is in the parlor in Temple House.

Offline spasmo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:41:10 AM »
Well... I've read that this one is a "some million pounds are invested" project, so I've thought we could expect another Women In Love... But this drag queen-type approach makes me think of a big budget The Lair Of The White Worm instead... I can only hope that Moll Flanders won't be similar to Lair, because that film is the worst I've seen by Ken. It was so horrible that I couldn't beleieve my eyes when I first saw it!

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
Well, I see there is a casting director listed for the film, so if you want to appear in the film, be sure to get your resume in, as this may be Ken's last theatrical film.

As for the direction in which it may go, I see that Barry Humphries is credited as playing a character called Mrs. Needham.

Offline spasmo

Moll Flanders
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
Any info on this project? Will it be a brave Russell pic stylewise (like The Devils or Women In Love) or similar to Lady Chatterley (a very tame one compared to the written material)? Harry Alan Towers produced some great erotic art films for Jess Franco in the sixties/early seventies, so I hope he doesn't mind to let Ken loose too...