Author Topic: Gothic coming to Blu-Ray  (Read 5087 times)

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Gothic coming to Blu-Ray
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 06:45:48 PM »
Good news.  It will be better than the 3d version of the film released a while ago.

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »
If Ken's commentary is anything like his commentary for Lair of the White Worm, then it's worthwhile getting this version for that alone. If the other films mentioned are released, then, hopefully, there is a commentary by Ken for those films, which is released with those films.

Offline Rosebud

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:20:33 AM »
Hurray to Vestron.  Last year we got "The Lair of the White Worm," and now this year "Gothic." I have never seen and heard the film look and sound better.  I finally got to see the film in widescreen.  The previous USA DVD release was pan and scan.  It also includes wonderful and quite emotional interviews with Julian Sands, Mike Southon, and Stephen Volk.  There is also a mini commentary with Thomas Dolby, which was very informative.  Lisi Russell also does a full length commentary. I am hoping Vestron will now release special edition blu rays for "Salome's Last Dance," "The Rainbow," and "Whore."   I assume they still own the rights to all of those films.  If sales for "Gothic" are good it may happen. 

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
Good news.

I have one of the strangest releases of Gothic ever, the 3D version.  Of all the films to convert to 3D this seems the least likeliest.

It will be great if the new release has extras.

Iain

Offline regal26

Gothic coming to Blu-Ray
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:23:56 PM »
Ken Russell's Gothic will be released by Lionsgate through
their Vestron series. It will probably be a region A release.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22462