Author Topic: Criterion is releasing Woman In Love on blu ray!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Criterion is releasing Woman In Love on blu ray!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 11:58:32 PM »
I got my copy.  Agreed A British Picture is poorer quality (in terms of restoration) but it is great it is on official DVD, and it is a good overview of his career.  I enjoyed watching it again.

Lots of extras, still working through them, and still to actually watch Women in Love again !!!

I hope Criterion do more of Ken's films, with extras.

Iain

Offline Rosebud

Re: Criterion is releasing Women In Love on blu ray!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
I just purchased my Criterion blu ray copy of "Women In Love" today.  Fantastic disc.  The film looks terrific.  Great interviews with Billy Williams and Michael Bradsell. A very interesting short Film, called "Second Best," was also a great addition.  My one disappointment with the release is that "A British Picture: Portrait of an Enfant Terrible" was not restored.  The print appears to be transferred from a tape source, though it does look a lot better than my bootleg copy.  Still, that should not detour people from buying the disc.  If sales are great, more Russell films may follow!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »
The details are:

• New, restored 4K digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Two audio commentaries from 2003, one featuring director Ken Russell and the other screenwriter and producer Larry Kramer
  • Segments from a 2007 interview with Russell for the BAFTA Los Angeles Heritage Archive
  • A British Picture: Portrait of an Enfant Terrible, Russell’s 1989 biopic on his own life and career
  • Interview from 1976 with actor Glenda Jackson
  • Interviews with Kramer and actors Alan Bates and Jennie Linden from the set
  • New interviews with director of photography Billy Williams and editor Michael Bradsell
  • Second Best, a 1972 short film based on a D. H. Lawrence story, produced by and starring Bates
    Trailer
  • An essay by scholar Linda Ruth Williams

willem

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
wow, that is great news!

Offline Rosebud

Re: Criterion is releasing Women In Love on blu ray!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:35:46 AM »
2018 may be a good year.

Offline Rosebud

Criterion is releasing Woman In Love on blu ray!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:26:09 AM »
https://www.criterion.com/films/28688-women-in-love

I am so excited that the Criterion Collection is finally releasing a KEN RUSSELL film.  The release will also include "A British Picture: Portrait of an Enfant Terrible."  Hopefully if sales are good others will follow.  I've got my fingers crossed for the Directors Cut of "The Devils."