Author Topic: French Dressing at 50: Celebrating Ken Russell's film  (Read 4604 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: French Dressing at 50: Celebrating Ken Russell's film
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
I agree with BoyScoutKevin, congratulations.

I won't be able to attend the Paul Sutton event, but I hope to visit the exhibition this week.  Looking forward to it.

Iain

And can we expect a report from you about the exhibit, after you have visited it, Iain?

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
I agree with BoyScoutKevin, congratulations.

I won't be able to attend the Paul Sutton event, but I hope to visit the exhibition this week.  Looking forward to it.

Iain

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
Congratulations on your collection and exhibition. It is nice to see someone keeping Russell's . . . alive and in front of the public. While I cannot get there before it closes, I hope it is a success. Congratulations again.

Offline Slappyhead

• French Dresser
    • Gormleigh-On-Sea
French Dressing at 50: Celebrating Ken Russell's film
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Dear all,

I have been developing this project for 7 years (with an interest that started in 1999 and collecting starting in 2006), but I am pleased to have now opened my exhibition 'French Dressing at 50' featuring everything and anything related to Ken's first feature film at Herne Bay Museum and Gallery.

Apart from quite a unique collection of original materials, there is a colour cine film and many behind the scenes photographs on display showing Ken and the crew making the film at Herne Bay in May and June of 1963 - which would have not be seen before or not seen for many decades. This collection is part thanks to local amateur photographers and filmmakers but also thanks to the generous support of Peter Higgins, the son of cinematographer Kenneth Higgins (Elgar, French Dressing, Wonderful Life etc).

The exhibition runs now until Sunday 28th September 2014. Opening times are Thursdays to Sundays 11am - 4.30pm with a small museum entry fee for non residents.

http://www.canterbury.co.uk/museums/Herne-Bay-French-Dressing-at-50/details/?dms=3&venue=3030555&feature=1080

Cheers and best wishes to all Ken Russell fans.

P.s. Iain - I have sent info to you already, but it seems to have been overlooked. Very late notice but if you find my email, there is a special event with author Paul Sutton next week which you are welcome to join us if available.