Author Topic: Ken Russell's Mefistofelr  (Read 4490 times)

Stefano

Re: Ken Russell's Mefistofelr
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »
Oh, that's too bad, what a huge loss! I'm going to spend a six-month research period in London from September 2019 and I was hoping to access some material :(

Yes, I have a copy of both the stagings - Boito's "Mefistofele" and Gounod's "Faust" - but I decided to focus only on the "Mefistofele" because of its contemporary setting (more in line with my research).

Teatro Margherita in Genoa was unfortunately shut down so there's no much I can do about it.

Thank you so much for your replies.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »
A while ago Ken's house caught fire and destroyed almost all of his possessions, including his archives etc so as far as I understand there will not be anything remaining.

I presume you have a copy of Ken's Mefistofele, he also did Gounod's Faust, also in video.  Have you tried the opera houses, they may have information?

Good luck with your atudies and if we can help let us know.

Iain

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
I don't know of any, but, if you do find some, I--for one--would be interested in seeing what you found and any comments on them, you might have. And good luck in your search.

Stefano

Ken Russell's Mefistofelr
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:16:41 PM »
Hi there,
I am a Ph.D. candidate in Film and Performing Arts, working on a project focused on the reinterpretations of Doctor Faust's myth in opera, theatre and cinema (1987 - 2017).

A section of my research will be focused on Ken Russell's staging of Arrigo Boito's Mefistofele.
I was wondering if there were (somewhere in the world) materials related to this stage work (such as Russell's notes on the staging, pictures, rehearsal footage etc.) I could access for research purposes.
Stefano