Author Topic: The most controversial films of all time  (Read 4486 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: The most controversial films of all time
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
I have seen three of the films listed.

The Last Temptation of Christ
Song of the South
and The Devils.

And while they may be controversial, I would actually describe them as being as good or even better than many films that are less controversial.

The rest of the films, while I am somewhat aware of them, I have yet to see any of them. Thus, I feel in no position to talk about their quality or lack thereof.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
The most controversial films of all time
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:25:58 PM »
A list by Grunge:
  • Cannibal Holocaust- not very well filmed and pretty bad
  • The Birth of a Nation- a classic film, but the Ku Klux Klan coming to save the women from the negroes is hard to take
  • The Last House on the Left- Wes Craven, and a reasonable film
  • Natural Born Killers- Oliver Stone with a Tarantino script, beautifully filmed.  When the vioence starts to become too much it switches to cartoon format
  • A Serbian Film- I don't know it
  • The Last Temptation of Christ- Martin Scorsese.  A good film but not one I would particularly be interested in seeing again, unlike other Scorsese films
  • The Human Centipede II- I hope never to see this again (or I or III)
  • Lifr of Brian- Monty Python and only mildly controversial
  • Song of the South- I don't know it
  • and top of the list- The Devils.  An interesting quote from the article "Desperate to calm the reaction, the studio ordered countless cuts to the already expensive movie, slicing out so many key sequences that few people today have ever seen the original cut. However, various versions of the film have survived, going on to inspire contemporary filmmakers like Guillermo Del Toro and Joe Dante"

The article is here
http://www.grunge.com/88465/controversial-movies-time/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_2175076&utm_content=3

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:27:54 PM by Iain Fisher »