Author Topic: Sizwe Bansi is Dead performances  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Sizwe Bansi is Dead performances
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
How did it go?

Mawuli

Re: Sizwe Bansi is Dead performances
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
I really like the comments about the play. This play is going to be read by almost all 2nd year students of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology as part of their Literature. We Springverve in Collaboration with the Department of English and the Centre for Cultural and African Studies are going to stage this play at the Law Auditorium of the University come the 22nd and 23rd of October 2011.
I saw the TV version on youtube and it was really cool and challenging.
Well .... come experience how we interpret this wonderful piece.
For any comments and ideas .... please feel free to get me on
alaska414@gmail.com
+233 243320305

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Sizwe Bansi is Dead in South Africa
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
The Market Theatre presents Sizwe Banzi is Dead from 21 Jun- 24 Jun 2011.  The director is Monageng Vice Motshabi and the actors are Arthur Molepo and Omphile Molusi.

"Motshabiā€™s interpretation of this timeless play puts an emphasis on the issue of identity which today remains relevant, much as it did many years ago. ā€œThe issue of survival portrayed in the play goes into matters of identity. Names are very important to black people. For Sizwe, he reflects on whether he will actually connect with his ancestors if he is now called something else. The play therefore attempts to explore the question ā€˜Is being a man connected to a name or a functional role a man has to takeā€, said Motshabi."

For more details click here
www.iainfisher.com/fugard/fugard-news.html

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Sizwe Bansi is Dead performances
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
It is on at the Celebration arts Theatre from 30 Jan to 17 Mar 2009 in Sacramento.  More soon.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:37:48 AM by Iain Fisher »