Author Topic: Sarah meets Jackie Mason  (Read 8822 times)

Offline malmo58

Re: Sarah meets Jackie Mason
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:33:40 AM »
Hello Joana

My copy is at my parents' home, please email me at sirknight1399 at gmail dot com and when I next visit them I will try and scan it and email to you.

Many thanks
Jess

Joana

Re: Sarah meets Jackie Mason
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
Is there any possibility you could scan this article in print and post it on the forum or even email me?
Cheers,
Joana

Offline malmo58

Sarah meets Jackie Mason
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:37 AM »
To tie in with the New York premiere of Blasted, the December 2008 issue of the 'Brooklyn Rail' magazine carried a very interesting piece by Sarah's friend Elana Greenfield, the former artistic director of New Dramatists (New York), about Sarah's first stay with NDNY in summer 1995. The article itself can be found on the Net, but the print edition also reproduces Sarah's account of her meeting with Jackie Mason, who called at the Westway Diner on 9th Avenue while Sarah was there with a German journalist. Here it is :

HOW TO MAKE A JEW LAUGH
by Sarah Kane

Following these instructions exactly guarantees success!!

1. Meet him in the Westway and buy him a coffee.

2. Tell him your favourite joke - preferably Jewish, but make sure it has a punchline.

3. Whilst telling said joke, wave your arms around wildly (see diagram 1), acting, feeling, believing deep in your soul that you are Jewish.

(A photo of Sarah talking to Jackie while waving her arms around appears here)

NOTE: This step is essential to your success and take [sic] years of practise. Do not neglect it.
NOTE 2: The chances are that even when you have perfected your Jewishness, the telling of this joke will not make him laugh - he'll have heard it before or it'll be his joke. Nonetheless, if the next two steps are to succeed, it is vital that step 3 is mastered.

4. Remind him how rich, famous, funny and Jewish he is.

5. Tell him his picture is going to be in a German magazine.

(A photo of Sarah and Jackie both laughing hysterically)

B I N G O !