Author Topic: An Unwritten Play- Sammy  (Read 8307 times)

Offline archive

Re: An Unwritten Play- giovanni
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
obviously, there's no way of knowing (a handful of people WILL know, of course...), but the general consensus seems to be that she abandoned the idea, as she moved to a more language-driven kind of theatre that eventually dispensed with received notions of plot and character.

Archive 27-4-2003
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:38:18 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Anti sarah kane- Thomas
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »
Okay, so let me get this straight, you didnt write the message to stir trouble and i respect the fact that you entered the site to find out more information about her. However what puzzles me is that you then finish your note with a reference to her suicide, calling her a silly girl. Try re reading her plays with an interest into finding out why she committed suicide. Not only will her plays give you an insight into world which Sarah Kane saw around her but may also then give you a reference point from which you can enter her plays, therefore, hopefully, you may appreciate her work for what it is. Upon doing this you may then apologise to all those whom you offend by categorising those who committ suicide because the world gets too much for them s "Silly". I dont expect you to do any of the above as i believe you have, naively, already passed judgememnt on one of britains most exceptional writers. Your loss.

Archive 26-3-2003
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:37:56 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Anti sarah kane- dale
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:29:43 PM »
i'd like to leave a message on this web site, not to stir trouble but to express my views on Sarah Kane, i dont enjoy her work, i have been on this web site to try and get to grips with what she does but i cant get passed not liking it, why is their swearing in everything she does? is their any need?, and dont tell me its beautiful, cos its not, self harm aswell, she never self harmed cutting her wrists so why did she write about it? i believe she aims to shock and its not right, and why commit suicide, she was so stupid do it. silly girl eh?

Archive 24-3-2003
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:37:35 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

An Unwritten Play- Sammy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
I'm woried that this question may have been asked before, but it is something I would be interested in knowing - Does anybody know how far Sarah developed her ideas for the play which was to have formed a trilogy with Blasted and Cleansed? It is mentioned briefly in "Love Me or Kill Me" (if I remember rightly, the book suggests it was to have been about nuclear war). Did she actually write anything for it, or was it something she never got round to? Did she abandon it for any particular reason, or did she just go off the idea?

Thanks in advance for anything anybody can tell me. Love the site.

Archive 21-3-2003
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:37:10 AM by Iain Fisher »