Author Topic: Blood Knot, The Train Driver and My Children! My Africa in New York  (Read 5837 times)

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Blood Knot in New York, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
Signature Theatre Company present Blood Knot, directed by Fugard.  The actors are Colman Domingo (Zachariah) and Scott Shepherd (Morris).

"Between patchwork walls in a one-room shack, two biracial South African brothers grapple with crippling poverty and lonely isolation. Morris, the punctilious force that keeps their room tidy, is light-skinned enough to pass for white, but dark-skinned Zach feels imprisoned by his job at a whites-only park. When they find themselves on some dangerous new ground, the brothers must come face to face with the blood knot between them."

Set design is by Christopher H. Barreca, costume design by Susan Hilferty. lighting by Stephen Strawbridge, sound by Brett Jarvis.  The dialect coach is Barbara Rubin, props by Sarah Bird, production stage manager is Pamela Salling and assistant stage manager is Maggie Swing.

listings

Blood Knot, The Train Driver and My Children! My Africa in New York
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
The Signature Center has Athol Fugard as its inaugural Residency One playwright.   The Residency series will feature Blood Knot, My Children! My Africa! and the New York premiere of The Train Driver.  Fugard will direct Blood Knot and The Train Driver, and Ruben Santiago-Hudson will direct My Children! My Africa!

Blood Knot is on 31 Jan- 11 Mar 2012
The Train Driver is on 14 Aug- 23 Sept 2012
My Children! My Africa! is on 1 May- 10 Jun 2012

Details are here
www.iainfisher.com/fugard/fugard-news.html