Author Topic: Variety: Ken set to direct Off-Broadway play  (Read 15488 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Variety: Ken set to direct Off-Broadway play
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »
I didn't know about the Macbeth.  Do you have any other info and I'll add it to the "impossible projects" page.

I agree on the wait-and-see attitude.  I hope it happens, but I have also heard of Moll Flanders about to get off the ground, and Boudica Bites Back being available on-line.  Too many things about to start and not enough getting the go-ahead.

Iain
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:43:04 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Nick Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »
I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this one. He was supposed to direct a production of MacBeth in Boston during the time I lived there, in the 80's,  until the backers heard some of his ideas. Doesn't that sound familiar. I believe Nicole Williamson was attached to play MacBeth.

As far as "stage production" goes, he's also directed Gounod's Faust and Puccini's Madama Butterfly.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »
Good news, thanks!!!

Some reports here say that it will be Ken's first stage production.  Wrong, he did directed a play on Kurt Weil and Lotte Lenya in London, I saw it and enjoyed it.

I wish I could see this one.

Iain

Offline Nick Jones

Variety: Ken set to direct Off-Broadway play
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:45:46 AM »

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989885.html?categoryId=15&cs=1

Ken Russell to direct 'Mindgame'
British filmmaker set for Off Broadway debut
By GORDON COX

Brit film director Ken Russell will make his Gotham stage debut at the helm of the upcoming Off Broadway offering "Mindgame," toplined by Keith Carradine.
Russell ("Women in Love," "Tommy," "Altered States") will stage a new production of Anthony Horowitz's thriller, which played the West End in a 2000 incarnation directed by Richard Baron.

"Mindgame" centers on a pulp crime novelist who visits an asylum to interview an infamous serial killer. Carradine plays a doctor at the institution, with Lee Godart portraying the scribe.

Carradine ("Deadwood"), nommed for a 1991 Tony for his perf in "The Will Rogers Follies," last played New York in the Rialto production of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."

Russell has directed opera in addition to prolific pic and smallscreen work.

"Mindgame" is set for a commercial run at the SoHo Playhouse that begins previews Oct. 28 ahead of a Nov. 9 opening. Monica Tidwell, Darren Lee Cole and Michael Butler produce.