Playwrights > Sarah Kane discussion

Artistic Rights?!?! Amanda

(1/2) > >>

archive:
I assure you it's nothing to do with the money. It's to do with wanting the first production of the play in America to be as good as possible.

Archive 15-11-2001

archive:
very much want to do this here as well, but part of an amateur theatre. would love to discuss some stuff with you amanda, maybe together we might be able to make some progress.

es

Archive 13-11-2001

archive:
Well try and get a dialouge going with all the relevent people, and you may be able to get it all sorted. Just don't give up.

Archive 10-9-2001

archive:
Thanks--I think it does have something to do with the territory rule, unfortunately. It just upsets me because this means that she might not get much exposure in the US as many companies consider Mamet the height of risky theatre. It's a damn shame.

Amanda

Archive 10-9-2001

archive:
Hmmm that sounds about right. Though a bit sh*tty for you. If it is just a case of the cost, then ask them what they would charge you in either UK pounds or Euro's, then set up a internatanl money transfer, though you will also have to pay any cost's incured by that. But I'm sure that a bank to bank money transfer from one currency to another is possible, it would just be wheater Casseto would consent to doing it that way.

Though there may also be a stipulation that all first perfomances in a new terrotory must be by a profesanal company, though that would be up to the copywrite holder to decide.

Hope this is of some help.

Archive 7-9-2001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version