Author Topic: Music In 'Salome's Last Dance'  (Read 10486 times)

Offline BoyScoutKevin

Re: Music In 'Salome's Last Dance'
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
The exquisite music during the scene in which the exquisite Salome talks about John the Baptist's mouth is by Rimsky Korsakov. It's from Scheherazade, 3rd Movement.

Russell must have had a fondness for Rimsky Korsakov's "Scheherazade," for the music that Kevin (Chris Pitt) plays on his harmonica/mouth organ, the music that causes Lady Sylvia Marsh (Amanda Donohoe) to dance wildly, in Ken's "Lair of the White Worm," is also from Rimsky Korsakov's "Scheherazade."

S

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
The exquisite music during the scene in which the exquisite Salome talks about John the Baptist's mouth is by Rimsky Korsakov. It's from Scheherazade, 3rd Movement.

Offline tornhill

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:24 PM »
Oh, it's pretty easy to find. Right after her dance when she asks Herod for the head of John the baptist and Ken's making the thunder.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:02:35 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:22:31 PM »
Whiich scene has the Satie?  I am being lazy and not watching the film to find out.

When I remember Salome I don't remember any music.  I need to watch it again.

Iain

Offline regal26

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:27:09 AM »
Music includes Debussy's 'Claire de Lune' for orchestra (however, I recommend finding a recording for piano).

Beside Grieg's 'In the Hall of the Mountain King,' from Peer Gynt, there is also 'Dance of the Mountain King's Daughter' which is heard over the opening of the play when John the Baptist is in the cage. You have to get the complete music for Peer Gynt (not just the suites).

I think there's also some music from Scriabin, but I'm not sure. Been a while since I've seen it, have to check it out now!

Offline tornhill

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
You can hear a brief excerpt of Eric Satie's "Trois Gymnopédies" (1st Movement).

Offline spasmo

Music In 'Salome's Last Dance'
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »
I liked the soundtrack of Ken's 'Salome' very much. I'm not too familiar with classical composers (I only recognized the Grieg piece during the dance scene), but I'm eager to know which works of whom were used in the film. Can anyone help me?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:02:35 PM by Iain Fisher »