Author Topic: The Music Lovers on DVD.  (Read 6069 times)

pross

Re: The Music Lovers on DVD.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »
Came upon this site and have questions about The Music Lovers...
I was in London during the summer of 1969 and I'm certain I saw TML with all the Roadshow trappings of an overture and intermission. The film was either shown in 6 track stereo or at least 4 track as the surround sound was very precise during a few of the sequences.  The showing was quite impressive and I managed to see TML twice within a week's time.
That said all information concerning TML states that it was a 1970 or 1971 film.  How can that be if I saw it during the summer of 1969 in London?  I was also in London the summer of 1971 but I'm quite certain I saw it in 1969. Did I see a special showing(s)?  It was indeed Roadshow with reserved seats.  Could I be mistaken on the year?

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: The Music Lovers on DVD now in the USA
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
Good news, The Music Lovers will be available in the USA.

It is released in the US on 27 Sept 2011 an MGM Made on Demand DVD. 

Thanks to Brian for the information.

lesco

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 05:50:24 AM »
Re: the aspect ratio question, here's a customer report from Amazon.co.uk

By Robert (St. Neots, Cambs, ENGLAND United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Music Lovers 1970 DVD (DVD)
Firstly when you get this DVD & read the back cover & it says 4:3, don't worry, that's wrong- it's in the original 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen. The print is lovely but there are sadly no extras (-not even the trailer-) hence one star less for that. A classic.

DAVID STICKLAND

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
Hello There.
I have just received my copy of the Music Lovers DVD. The film is region2 on the MGM/Final Cut label. The DVD was ordered through Play.com. I did my homework on the net Before ordering this item,  all state that the DVD is in anomorphic WS 2.20-1. My copy arrived in the post this morning but to my horror, the film states that the ratio is in 4.3 full frame. This might be a mistake in the sleeve wording. Please, do you have any information on this subject. Once the DVD is opened, Play.com will not except any re funds. With Thanks. David Stickland.

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »
Spooky- I watched it again last night.  But this is good news (extras would have been nice as well).
I have included it on the news page. thanks.

www.iainfisher.com/russell/ken-russell-news.html
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:39:13 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline regal26

The Music Lovers on DVD.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:11:08 PM »
According to Amazon, The Music Lovers will be released as a region 2 DVD in the UK
by Final Cut this June. No info on extras or anything yet. Stay tuned.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Lovers-1970-DVD/dp/B004RAK4GY/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1299967311&sr=1-1