Savage Messiah: Ken Russell > Savage Messiah: Ken Russell

The Devils on DVD- official release

<< < (3/3)

richmond74:
I spotted this link on the reputable FNAC website listing a forthcoming DVD release of The Devils in Spain next week.

However before anyone gets their hopes up, the cover looks rather like the recent bootleg version - and without any current Warner Bros logo - but I'd be surprised if FNAC (rather like Britain's HMV) were selling anything other than a legimate release. Odd.

Odder still is are the aspect ratios listed: the correct cinematic 2.35:1 and 4:3 (TV shape) - strange to have two aspects listed. The running time is given as 111 minutes. No special features mentioned. Spanish and English language options (where a bootlegger would have got the Spanish language track from I don't know - maybe an old VHS release - as I'm sure this film wouldn't have found a cinematic release back in the days of Franco).

Whether this is a supposed 'uncut' version, nothing is mentioned. However even a good quality 2.35:1 print of the UK version would be gratefully recevied for now...

Nick Jones:
We've been hearing these 'rumors' for the past four or five years, or more. >:(

willem:
apparently it was available for download on Itunes US for a very short period...

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2010/06/devils_on_my_ph.php

Iain Fisher:
Strong rumours are that it is coming...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version