Author Topic: French dressing available on Amazon  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: French dressing available on Amazon
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:22:19 PM »
Amazon say my copy is on the way!!!

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:58 PM »
I've pre-ordered it and Amazon say it will be released on 13 April, but still no cover image.  Let's hope it does come out.

Offline Slappyhead

• French Dresser
    • Gormleigh-On-Sea
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
Now available as a pre-order on Amazon (new listing): http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Dressing-DVD-James-Booth/dp/B00TB6JUJG however listed on the Network store for a lower price.

The BBFC have recently decided on a 12 certificate for "moderate sex references and nudity" as far as the DVD release is concerned. The original classification was A (Adult) awarded with a minor cut which Paul Sutton believes to be the nun garter scene at the railway station (later put back in).

Offline Slappyhead

• French Dresser
    • Gormleigh-On-Sea
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »
Network have now announced an April 13th release for French Dressing with the proposed artwork based on the original marketing materials designed and constructed by poster artist Tom Chantrell.

http://networkonair.com/shop/2141-french-dressing-5027626428747.html

83 minutes which is sadly not the very original 100 minutes and is 4% faster than it should be due to the 25fps pull up. However the theatrical trailer will be included which should be interesting to see how the film was marketed at the time by Elstree.

All I can say after all these years is thanks to Network for finally taking the gamble and Studiocanal for allowing them to. My old youtube clips have all gone now in hope to benefit sales of the DVD. Enough interest will hopefully warrant an upgrade in 1080p on Bluray disc... yes please Network.

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:26 PM »
Amazon have just cancelled my order saying the item is no longer available.

Sigh

Iain

That is unfortunate for those of us who are fans of Ken, as this was his first theatrical film, it does show what he was capable of doing in the future, most noteablely the film's cinematography. Though, it would take his third film "Women in Love," before most of the world would know what he was capable of doing.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Amazon have just cancelled my order saying the item is no longer available.

Sigh

Iain

Offline Slappyhead

• French Dresser
    • Gormleigh-On-Sea
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
Sorry also forgot to mention that a lot of Studiocanal titles have recently been licensed to Network for home video release, so the film may possibly go to them as well... although they may not foresee enough sales given the reputation of the film.

Offline Slappyhead

• French Dresser
    • Gormleigh-On-Sea
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »
Studiocanal late last year confirmed to me that plans were in the move to bring the film to home video but at the same time could not confirm a release.

Why it went into the release schedule and retailers were allowed to list it I don't know. The DVD had been scheduled originally in late 2011, then January of this year and finally last month. However, I believe it is still 'pulled' and Amazon have made the mistake of continuing to allow orders when it doesn't even exist yet.

Further brief communication with the studio in January revealed that the new plan was for 'late this year or early next year' which would be the 50th anniversary of the original (disastrous - it had to be said) release.

The good news, depending on whether it does actually make it to the shelves, is that I dug up some extra technical info out of another retailer before the listing disappeared and the original full aspect ratio (2.35:1) was confirmed which is obviously fantastic.

I now have 5 different copies of this film on DVD and all are highly disappointing 4:3 / 16:9-/+ crops with high compression and VHS artefacts. After 8 years of collecting original posters, press materials, adverts, release scripts, stills, lobby cards, reviews, personal accounts, research and remastering the original press materials into vector format etc, it would be nice to actually own a clean copy of the film itself! :(

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »
Amazon reporting problems in obtaining the DVD from the supplier.  Lets hope it is a temporary hitch.

Iain

Willem de Poorter

French dressing available on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »
French dressing is 'available' on Amazon.co.uk with a release date of July 8 2013. Shipping takes 1-3 weeks, I just ordered mine, so let's see what happens!

Hopefully this one will actually get a release, unlike that Southbank DVD (I was really looking forward to that one!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Dressing-DVD-James-Booth/dp/B00ADSR9IU/