Author Topic: Crave Glossary- JMGK, USA  (Read 10396 times)

Offline deadangel

Re: Crave Glossary- JMGK, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
I have another question, sort of, about the glossary. Also in relation to Crave it is explained that "older than me, not older per se" means "looks and feels older than me, though may not be physically older". To me this sentence does mean that the person referred to is definitely physically older than the person speaking, but that doesn't mean they are old. Sort of explaining that calling someone an older man/woman doesn't mean they're old 'in general', just older than the person speaking. Though this may be a matter of interpretation. And I may be picking nit. ;)

Offline archive

Re: Crave Glossary- Iain
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:34:47 PM »
I have done the updates, thanks.

ww.iainfisher.com/kane/eng/sarah-kane-glossary.html

Iain

Archive 30-3-2005

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:12:45 PM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Crave Glossary- JMGK, USA
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »
The glossary lists "Ha ha ha" (CRAVE, pg. 184) only as laughter. However, the text actually includes three lines: C: Ha ha ha B: Ho ho ho M: He he he To me this is reminiscent of the laughter on the Beatles' "I am the Walrus," although the order on the song is actually "Ho ho ho, He he he, Ha ha ha." I am not sure what the significance of the connection is, except that there is death imagery in "I am the Walrus," or it could be another free association on Kane's part, similar to the "To die, to sleep, no more" HAMLET reference earlier in the play. Just a suggested edition to the glossary. JMGK Florida State University

Archive 30-1-2005
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:12:26 PM by Iain Fisher »