Author Topic: Ken's Boudica  (Read 18139 times)

Otuama

Re: Ken's Boudica
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »
Hi.

Believe me, it is being shown, received an email from ciric (people who filmed it) today.  Not sure if I'm supposed to show the following but don't see why not.

-------------

Hi all,

Here's an email that I've been dying to send for ages, and hopefully you've been dying to receive.

Firstly, some great news. After a year of very hard work by all of you, and by me, Ken Russell's film Boudica Bites Back if finally completed. And it looks fantastic!

I've attached a still from the film, giving a glimpse of the great special fx work that's been done on the film over the summer. Anyone who remembers seeing Lisi being jiggled up and down on a plank in front of the green screen will appreciate just how far this film has obviously come in post-production!

The even better news is that now you get a chance to come and see what all your hard work was in aid of. We are holding a Cast and Crew screening, especially for you all, at 7pm on Wednesday 26th November at the Taliesin Arts Centre, Swansea as part of the SAND animation film festival.

We'll be showing the film on the big screen, and afterwards there'll be a drinks reception to wash the film down with.

Ken and Lisi are hoping to be there, and hopefully all of you will be too.

Please RSVP to me at this email address to let me know if you will be able to attend or not. Tickets are very limited so they're one per person at the moment. If anyone absolutely has to bring a significant other, please let me know and I'll put them on a reserve list and let you know once everyone else has responded.

If anyone can't make this screening but wants to see the film on the big screen, there will be a Q&A with Ken and myself the next morning, Thursday 27th November, around 11am at the same venue. We probably won't show the whole film at that event but we will show most of it on the big screen. There are 25 tickets to this available, but please only come to this if you can't make the Cast and Crew screening on the Wednesday as then you'll get to see the whole film, and your name in the credits.

Thanks again for everything you did on this film. From the finished results I'd say it was worth it.

Steve

Offline Legionary

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »
Had a look a the SAND website and couldn't see anything about the Boudicca film. I  hope it's going to be available in some accessible form sometime soon......

Otuama

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
Hi all.

I worked on quite a few post production shots for the film (bubbling cauldron shots, chariot shots, wrist over cauldron shot and a shot where she bites her wrist).

It's being shown at the Cannes film festival (apparently).  It's also be shown SAND (animation conference in Swansea) www.SAND.org.uk

Wednesday 26th November (2008) 7pm
Thursday 27th November (2008) Ken Russell will be talking abt it

Offline Nick Jones

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 08:08:53 AM »
Whatever happened with/to the Charlotte Bronte project? ???

Offline Legionary

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »
Iain,
I am a member of a well known re-enactment group and we were asked to supply a bit of authenticity to the film. It was all green screen work and I enjoyed the day spent filming in Swansea. Ken was very amiable and I enjoyed working with him even if to be able to say "I was directed by the great Ken Russell". He even "directed" some photos of myself and my colleagues with him. I would like to see and own a copy of the finished film but can find no hint of where or how and this is the only place that seems to be interested in up to date info on the film. If you could find out any info at all that would be great.
I have put the photos on my channel on youtube you can access these at youtube.com/furryfreddie. The video is called "I want Romans" Let me know what you think.
Legionary

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »
Legionary,

Tell us more- how did you get into the film, how was it like working with Ken etc etc etc

Offline Legionary

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »
I would like to know when we can see this film as I'm in it (a Roman Legionary). Will it be available on DVD, online or some other medium?

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
In The Times 16 Sept 2008 Ken writes:

"...I'm peddling my own graphic novel, Boudica Bites Back (based on my forthcoming movie), with drawings by Elise Russell. Pity you can't hear the stirring music while you read it - for that, there's the DVD."

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 12:03:45 AM »
in the Herne Bay French Dressing interview (see other post) Ken says it is a song cycle, a cine-opera.

More info when I get it.

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:31 AM »
I'll try and find out.

Iain

Offline Nick Jones

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:27 AM »
If 'final touches' were begun in April, how much longer before we see the film? Any recent info, Iain?

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
Yes it is a short- 20 minutes.  It is currently in post- production.  The full title is Boudica Bites Back.

Iain

Offline BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
From my understanding, and someone can correct me, I believe it is a short film.

Offline donaldintn

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »
Does anyone know if this is a feature or a short film?

Offline archie

Ken's Boudica
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:25:58 AM »
" Legendary film-maker Ken Russell was back at Swansea Metropolitan University this week putting the final touches to his latest film.The screen icon had a little help from the 3D Computer Animation degree students."....

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=161818&command=displayContent&sourceNode=161644&contentPK=20434938&folderPk=88499&pNodeId=161375&bustcache=&1208910028218#views