Author Topic: Space in Cleansed- Chrissie  (Read 25405 times)

Offline archive

Re: Space in Cleansed- Jaidn
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:03:34 PM »
I always assumed that 'Clensed' took place in the same universe as 'Blasted', like 'Blue Velvet' and 'Twin Peaks' in the work of Lynch. Also I did read somewhere that they were the first two parts of a unfinished trilogy.

From that I just assumed that the universaty campas had been over run by the same invading force as Leeds in 'Blasted', thugh time had moved on and they were more established. Tinker remides me of Josef Mengele a NAZI scientist in the war who would commit atrocotys on people, just to find out what would happern. His favorite subjects were twins, as then he could experement on one and use the second as a controle. The removeing of limbs to see how people would adapt was somthing he wrote in great detail.

Archive 17-1-2002
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:37:40 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Space in Cleansed- Jolka
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:53 PM »
I also came across another sugestion which I found interesting. University => universitas => universe. A small part of reality, microcosmos, where there are all the processes as in the "big world". God made our world, Tinker - the bad demiurg - has its own small world too. -Jolka-

Archive 17-1-2002
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:37:14 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Space in Cleansed- gaia
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »
I read on:'In-Yer-FaceTheatre' by Alex Sierz that a starting point for Cleansed was Roland Barthes's poem: 'A Lover Discourse'. It provided Sarah the idea that the situation of the rejected lover and the prisoner of a concentration camp is similar. In fact both situations involve a loss of the self. If you have the book you can find it on page 116.

gaia

Archive 17-1-2002
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:36:48 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Re: Space in Cleansed- Jess Cully
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:01:40 PM »
The university campus has been converted into a prison camp.

Perhaps this is a reference to the 're-education' camps of the communist period in Eastern Europe?

Archive 15-1-2002
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:36:28 AM by Iain Fisher »

Offline archive

Space in Cleansed- Chrissie
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
Hi! I'm Chrissie from Munich and I'm at the moment very busy in trying to understand 'Cleansed'. What do you think the 'university' can possibly stand for? For me there's not at all a campus-athmosphere or something like that. It's a place, where knowledge and science are supposed to be. Where people come as searchers to find knowledge (of themselves?), like the alchemists tried to find the philosphers stone to turn everything into gold. What do you think about that? And about the outside-inside duality, with the perimeter-fence as frontier?

Archive 14-1-2002
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:36:00 AM by Iain Fisher »