Author Topic: Agamemnon  (Read 16761 times)

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Agamemnon in Virginia USA
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »
Another Agamemnon, this time in Virginia, USA

Theatre at Bridgewater College presents Berkoff's adaptation of Agamemnon from 6-9 Nov 2014.  The director is Scott Cole, the cast includes Amber Celen, Whitney Lee DeBilzan, Jordan M. Haugh, Emily A. Leweke, Aislinn H. Mirsch, John Thomas Oates, Chandler Parker, Kai Sutherland and Briana R. Williams.  Movement director is Holly Labbe.

"Following his victory in the Trojan War, Agamemnon, king of Argos, returns home after 10 long years. His queen, Clytemnestra, is bent on revenge for his sacrifice of their daughter. Intense and highly poetic, Steven Berkoff’s free adaptation of Aeschylus’ great tragedy, Agamemnon, portrays the cyclical nature of violence told through the story of war, lust, murder, betrayal and revenge".

Details are here
www.iainfisher.com/berkoff/berkoff-news.html

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Agamemnon
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
I just saw it, and glad I went.

Very much a student event (I think I was the only audience member who wasn't related to the cast).  It started slowly with the actors not fully able to bring out the poetry to a non-theatre going public.  But the first fight scene was done beautifully, more dance than fight and very effective, and this brought the play brought to life.

Good simple staging (a long blue cloth for the sea) and some powerful acting, such as Clytemestra (Jessica Swallow) and a good Agememnon (Ismail Mahmood) and Cassandra (Stephanie Smith) and Hannah JeyaRajah as a second Clytemnestra.

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Agamemnon
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:55:56 PM »
Agamemnon is part of the Regent's College Artspace Festival on 7- 8 Apr 2011.  It is performed by the BA Acting & Global Theatre Ensemble at The London School of Film, Media and Performance (LSFMP).

"The glory of war? Disasters of peace? A war hero returns home, to be confronted by the woman he has betrayed."

For more details click here:
www.iainfisher.com/berkoff/berkoff-news.html

Online Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Agamemnon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »
There is a rare chance to see Steven Berkoff's Agamemnon.

It plays in York from 27 Nov-1 Dec 2007 at the York Theatre Royal, UK. The director is Lisa Blair.

Berkoff adapts Aeschylus' play and follows Agamemnon's return battle of Troy.  Berkoff says "Agamemnon is filtered through my own impressions of Greece and is rooted in the elements of landscape, and sea... It is about heat and battle, fatigue, the marathon and the obscenity of modern and future wars".

More details are here www.iainfisher.com/berkoff/berkoff-news.html

Iain
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:54:46 PM by Iain Fisher »