Author Topic: Music Videos by Jon Sorensen  (Read 18863 times)

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
Re: Music Videos by Jon Sorensen
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2024, 05:44:34 PM »
Hi Jon,

Thanks for all these.  I have watched a few of the videos, all good stuff, music and stunning imagery.  I liked the Edinburgh reference, I always though of Edinburgh as a city of various levels.

Clouds of Glory is better than my copy.  I was at the BFI filming (Melvyn Bragg was there).  Good seeing it on a large screen and an even better copy but still still with some damaged film.  The  BFI said their copy was very fragile, but is the best copy still around.

Iain

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2024, 11:16:00 PM »
There is now a link here for anyone interested to download a file I have done of Ken's wonderful Lake Poet films, "Clouds Of Glory". My pleasure. Both 50 minute films, "William and Dorothy" and "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" are on here. Enjoy.

The link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zs2k1fnctpl0z4jovazw0/Jon-Sorensen-Clouds-Of-Glory.zip?rlkey=lw8gabqe0qouhx8w4rbmulh6v&dl=0

That covers it. Have a great year, guys.

Jon Sorensen
www.jonsorensencreative.com

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »
Yep, just to reassure you, Iain, it was me who posted the rattle below. Me and the internet. I think I accessed your site pressing the wrong buttons. Pretty par for the course. So, no, it's not Donald Trump under a pseudonym. Take care, guys.
Jon.

Sorensen

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2023, 06:41:59 PM »
Hi, Iain, A brief visit to wish you and all here the very best for the New Year. Progressing on all my projects. In the spirit of Ken, new music films on my site below. Things are going to vastly change on the planet and I feel we are in the throes of Robert Fuest's wonderful 1973 film "The Final Programme". In some ways, this is not a bad thing. Bob was a visionary and so was Ken. We need more iconoclasts, otherwise film production will die from a glut of Marvel superheroes and cretinous commercials. Ken loathed commercials and said they were shaping the world in their own image, and he said that this image was a rotting death's-head. New blood will come out of CGI and related technologies bringing new ideas and a whole new movement of production with them. Ken and Bob would have approved and probably joined in. The television, movie and commercial models have been out of date for 25 years. I am excited about the future and watching all the wonderful work to come. Having said a mouthful, I wish you all the very best and leave a big hug and a wee smile. Keep up the great work, Iain. I aim to put those two "Clouds Of Glory" films of Ken's up on my site in the New Year and will let you guys know when it's done. It's a beautiful planet. Keep Your Sense Of Wonder! Take care of yourselves.

Jon Sorensen

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2023, 01:44:36 AM »
The book sounds great, and can't wait.  Keep us posted, and podcasts welcome.
Peter Cushing's dressing room is a good place to get inspiration, from all the Hammer films to Star Wars.
For those who don't know Jon directed a film Alien Blood which is certainly Ken influenced, and the DVD has some good extras.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 07:56:41 PM »
Hi, Iain. The bio book has grown to be a much bigger project and is delayed by about a year. I certainly will be covering "Alien Blood". In the interim period some bio/travel podcasts may emerge as I move around and I will possibly point you to them on here, for anyone who may be interested. The book I am only going to be doing once, so I may as well get it right. There's a lot of material. More than I could have predicted. Also, I recently watched again Ken's two "Clouds Of Glory" films on Wordsworth and Coleridge, on a DVD given me by Ken himself. Took me back to seeing them first on my loaned tiny black and white TV set wrapped in my sleeping bag in Peter Cushing's old dressing room at the old Bray Film Studios where I camped out for my first four months in 1978 whilst working on "Alien" (1979). I really ought to put them up on YouTube or even on my own website so that people can see them again. They still make me marvel. Just wonderful and still vivid the effects they had on me as we built spaceships and aliens so that "in space no-one could hear you scream". Do take care of yourselves. I send my very best and a wee smile. Keep your sense of wonder!

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2022, 01:23:10 AM »
Do you cover Alien Blood- I hope so !!!

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 03:25:33 PM »
Hi, Iain,
Hope you are all well. Am bringing out a bio book on 21 June 2023. Reminiscent of Derek Jarman's "Dancin Ledge" in feel, it will range across the part Ken played in my life, also working with John Boorman, Ridley Scott, Jim Henson, my experiences in film to include my own projects. My travels, and my life in supernature and the paranormal, which has followed me since my somewhat mystical Scottish childhood. Called "Imagine", I do hope this may be of interest, and I send you all my very best for now and a wee smile. Do take care of yourselves. In the spirit of Ken, keep your sense of wonder!

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 11:28:21 AM »
Thank you very much indeed, Iain.

I am away from today.

Again, if you are a fan of the original Alien (1979), which Ken was, the aforementioned podcast interview will be available in late April I am told, on the Perfect Organism site, and I-Tunes and all such.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/[/i]

All my very best, I send good thoughts and a wee smile.  :D

Jon Sorensen

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 02:22:46 AM »
Thanks for these and as you say Alien was timeless.

Good luck in your intriguing remote location.

Iain

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »
I worked on the original Alien (1979).
It has reared its' head again since I have just been interviewed for an American podcast covering my memories of contributing to the miniatures and visual effects. They won an Oscar.
I have posted three pieces of my ambient music, free to download and keep. These are from an album called "Alien 5". I saw no reason not to share them here. Ken was a fan of the movie.
Also, for those of you who are a fan of the original timeless Alien, there is also a link to a readable PDF containing photos and text, similarly dealing with my memories and impressions.
The music is here. Very mindfulness.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m91iln1aezye6xn/AAC5Xk_02Yqm2GsdDrT_jK8Qa?dl=0
and the article is here. https://6d0f69e2-eb5a-4a33-a0d1-29ca528f7a8d.filesusr.com/ugd/e3985b_d59a7da199be431ebce3fd4262f13403.pdf?index=true

I will be away in a remote location at least till the Autumn.
I want to wish you all the very best and applaud your interest still in Ken Russell.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
There are now three new music videos up on my site, hopefully continuing the best tradition of Ken in matching my images to my music. These are of a "mindfulness" nature. Do take care of yourselves.

As a PS to you, Iain, I read your material on Dick Bush BSC who was a great cinematographer. His work always glowed and inspired me. He also photographed "The Philadelphia Experiment" and "Phase IV", and was the original DP on Jim Cameron's "Aliens". One of the solid old school.

Jon Sorensen

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 08:07:07 PM »
There is a new music video. "Distance". Others will appear over the year. Jon Sorensen.

Offline Jon Sorensen

• Aliens And Delius
    • Jon Sorensen Creative
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 08:30:30 AM »
Cool image. I had'nt seen that. I am reminded that a few years ago, the U.S. distributors of my "Alien Blood" were contacted by a U.S. TV show, (Dead Lawyers I think, I can't recall, I don't watch T.V.), who wanted to display a poster of my film in the show. On the wall of a serial killer! I'd give a lot to have that one of Ken's "Dracula". You have fun and take care too, Iain.

Jon Sorensen

Offline Iain Fisher

• Administrator
    • Iain Fisher
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 12:26:26 AM »
Dracula by Ken would have been great. 

In the film Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat from 1989 there is a poster for the (unmade) film on the wall.

Take care and have fun